17.5.11

*Review* : Where She Went - Gayle Forman

Book review of Where She Went - Gayle Forman
Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)Where She Went
Series - #2 If I Stay
Released : 5th May 2011
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile (US) Double Day (UK)
Format : Paperback & Ebook
Source :  Netgalley + Won *
Finished : 9th May 2011
Overall rating -
Photobucket


Won from Book Angel's Booktopia > Thank you!
 It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future and each other.


When l started this book and realised it was wrote from Adam’s point of view l was so happy! I really wanted to get to know him more after reading If I Stay and was hoping for flashbacks from his point of view.
Well l got flashbacks and so much more! I love Adam as a person, what a sweet guy. Who wouldn’t want him in their life?! I found his reaction to Mia disappearing very real which l think helped me feel more emotions while reading this book. I could totally understand every feeling he felt, not in the way that l have been through it before as l haven’t but in a way l can imagine being how he was if it did happen to me. His emotions were still very raw in this book, even after 3 years and all that’s happened in this life. I really liked that he is famous in this book, when l started to read it l thought it would either make or break this story but l think it did make it. Gayle didn’t just add the celebrity status for no reason, it actually had a lot of affect on Adam and the readers are shown how it affects him.
The grief Mia felt ‘hit me’ in this book. As l said in my If I Stay review, l didn’t feel as sorry for Mia as l know l should have. In this book l started to get annoyed with her and saw her as rather selfish BUT as the book got further into it l started to realise why she did what she did and understand how she felt.
I felt Gayle stuck to what she wanted to happen in this book and wasn’t influenced by any reviews of If I Stay and what the readers may have wanted. This series isn’t all fairy tales like a lot of books and the emotions are there and very strong. Both Mia and Adam had changed over the three years which really needed to happen for me to connect to their NEW characters. As well as creating new characters from the old ones but making sure they grew and changed over the past three years Gayle also answered all the questions which l had. I felt this book kind of gave me closure from the characters and their feelings.
Overall this is a must read if you have read If I Stay, l can’t see anyone not liking this. Definitely don’t think it will ruin If I Stay, it makes it better!
******************************************
Ratings :
Plot : 5/5
Cover : 4/5
Page Turner : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Ending : 5/5
******************************************
Part of a series -
#1 - If I Stay
# 2 - Where She Went

2011 Books Challenges 
None
******************************************
Buy your copy

3 comments:

  1. Love love love this book!!! I'm so glad Gayle Forman decided to write a sequel for If I Stay. Adam's POV made it more awesome. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too, cried like a baby reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks excellent. I STILL have to read If I Stay- it's sitting on my shelf waiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult