10.5.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#20)

This PB vs HB is a little special as it's a Sarah Dessen edition!
I have done Sarah's covers before (some of them) but after seeing the Sarah Dessen week over at The Reading Housewives which is also hosted by YA Bibliophile l wanted to get involved and thought this was a fun way to do so.
I still haven't read a book by her, l have This Lullaby to read which l got after being told l could pick as  many books as l wanted from this box and have had for free 2 years now.
Oh how l wish l was obsessed with reading back them as l am now! (I read then but not like l do now)
Anyway, onto the covers : 

Dreamland
DreamlandDreamland >> Hardback
Paperback <3 <<
Could these covers seriously be any more different? l think they betray totally different books, the HB looks kind of ..scary? Whereas the PB makes it seem like a YA sort of read. and the HB does not make it look like a sort of book l would ever read. The PB is totally different, l would definitely pick this one up and in fact. The colours are really pretty and l love that it's simple but yet stands out.
~
Paperback <<
I love the PB (UK covers) and how they all match with the rest of Sarah's books. Also l love the colour of the PB, the different purples and blues make for a really pretty combination. l love how it has the items which are in the book but for me, l still prefer the HB.  I think at the moment l am just going through a phase of loving these sort of covers!
~
That SummerThat Summer
>> Hardback <3
Paperback <3 <<
I like these both the same. l like the PB (UK) covers but they just aren't my sort of covers. l think it's because l feel it makes the book look too young for me whereas the HB has people who look around my age. The PB has great colours and font, such a cute font and l love the little flower. 
I love the HB because it's nice and summery, l think l would love it if it was brighter. The sun needs to be out in the picture?

Make sure you check out the Sarah Dessen Week!
------------------------
Please note, some covers l feature are also in other formats. For example a HB cover is usually also in PB and a PB cover is also sometimes on a HB etc.
Also sometimes the PB may be a UK one and the HB may be USA. 
It's just a way to compare covers.
</3 - Ok
<3 - Like
<33 Love

9 comments:

  1. I like all the paperbacks this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of the Paperbacks! Really though, I don't like the Dreamland cover for either of them, just the PB one is slightly better, haha.

    Thank you so much for participating even though you haven't read a book by here! That is so great! Get around to reading This Lullaby soon, it's my fav or second fav by her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I initially discovered Sarah's books because of the covers. They just looked so pretty all lined up next to to each other that I had to read one! ;)

    I like the paperback for Dreamland and the hardcover for the other two. They just fit better with the Dessen collection in my mind.

    Great post!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating! I actually like all of the covers except the original Dreamland! I like how fun the UK covers are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first two in paperback but prefer the hard back in the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe I agree with you 100%! The HB for Dreamland is terrible! I'd never buy that, not in a million years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like the hardback for Dreamland at all but I love all the other covers equally I can't even choose one over the other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really like any of these covers. The paperback Dreamland is ok, but it looks like a sad story so I probably wouldn't pick it up. I don't like the UK paperbacks at all. They look very 1960s. The cover where she's standing on the suitcase is ok, but I always look at her butt, which is kind of weird.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult