2.5.11

*Review* : Die For Me - Amy Plum

Book Review of Die For Me - Amy plum
Series - #1 : Revenants
Released : 5th May 2011
Publisher: ATOM
Format : Paperback
Source :  ATOM (Thank you!!! <3)
Finished : 23rd April 2011
Overall rating -
Photobucket

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

Die For Me become an addiction while l was reading it and a craving when l wasn't.
.
Wow! I just don’t know if it’s even possible for me to write a review which shows you all how much l adore this book! I have never reread a book but l know if l was to reread a book this would be one l could easily read over and over.
The whole plot in this book is so refreshing and has so much going on at once. The mix of romance and compelling story line is a perfect mixture which made it very hard to put Die For Me down and even when l did, l was picking it up at any free second l got (literally!). There wasn't even a second that this book becomes boring, with a constantly engaging story line that changes and increases in intensity throughout the book. Amy seemed to have amazing timing with how she revealed something just at the right time, grabbing your attention all over again; whether it was something about the world which Vincent lived in or something about Kate, it always made me desperate to read on and find out more.
Kate is a very likeable character and l straight away loved her. She has a love for reading which within an instant made me like her. But it wasn't only her love for reading that made me love Kate, no, there are so many other reasons. One of those reasons was her grief, I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose both parents but l think it would feel something along the lines of how Kate feels in this book. Amy did a great job of not just suddenly making out Kate was over this grief but instead it was carried on throughout the book. Aside from her grief, Kate reminded me a bit of myself which how she is a quiet girl who would rather stay inside and read while her sister is out partying and making friends with an ease. She is definitely the sort of person l can see being best friends and often found myself wishing she was a real person!
Of course there is also Vincent, who we most definitely must not forget! He is a loveable guy who starts of as the mysterious sort, which l always love (who doesn't) . I enjoyed getting to know him better throughout the book and loved him the more l found out because although he isn't perfect, he is damn cute ;)
 The combination of the characters in Die For Me is definitely interesting and added to the different personalities in this story. All the other characters in this book, no matter how small, take on their own role and all have a purpose within this book which l definitely liked. I read many books where a few people within it seem a bit pointless.
Ever been to Paris? Well l haven't but after reading this book l feel like l have been. This is only the second book l have ever read where l have been totally interested in the surroundings of the characters and loved every description! Amy described Paris in such a detailed way, l loved it.
I am glad l didn't read reviews until after l had read Die For Me. Saying that, even if you did read some reviews which basically tell you who Vincent's is, there is SO much more to this book. Amy has really came up with very fresh ideas and l loved that she didn't seem  scared to do her own thing and add her own ideas into this book.
Overall - Die For Me is a fresh, gripping, must read which you really won’t want to miss out on! I plan to be the first in line at the shop to get my copy of Until I Die (second in the series). Although l really don’t know if it’s possible to wait till 2012?!
~
Ratings :
Plot : 5/5
Cover : 4.5/5
Page Turner : 5/5
Characters : 5(*)/5
Ending : 5/5
******************************************
Part of a series -
#1 - Die For Me
# 2 - Until I Die

2011 Books Challenges 
2011 Debut Authors
******************************************
Buy your copy
Amazon (UK) {£3.68 - What are you waiting for?!?!}
Amazon (USA)

13 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I just can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Seriously can not recommend it enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one from NetGalley and am looking forward to starting it around Wednesday. I've seen nothing but awesome reviews for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving how much you love this book, great review

    Lainy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked it =) !! I'm so jealous .. I can't wait to read this book now !! BRAVO !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous review! I absolutely loved Die for Me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent- I really want to read this book. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you liked it so much! I so want to read it! Can't wait to finally get to it.

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, ok, I guess I should read it then! I was worried it would be very "typical YA paranormal" but it sounds like there's a lot of originality here. Good to know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab review - I'm dying to read this. I think I'm just going to have to click that Amazon link!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like total awesomeness and I can't wait to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. does anyone know how many books are going to be in this series?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So far 2 are listed but l am guessing there may be at least 3!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult