24.5.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#22)

Want to do a PB or HB guest post? See here

Shadow Hills
Shadow Hills>> Hardback 
Paperback <3<<
The PB definitely wins this one for me without any doubts. Although l don't love the PB l think it stands out much more than the HB. Yes the HB has a bright colour on black which usually makes something stand out but for me it just hurts my eyes. The PB tells me more about what genre it is and that it's more than likely YA (because these are the sort of covers which YA have now.) Love the colour of her eye and think this definitely stands out more.

~
Wayfarer (Faery Rebels, #2)
Rebel (Faery Rebels, #2)>> Hardback 
Paperback </3 >>
These covers are so different it's hard to compare them and choose a favourite. I think the PB makes the book look a lot more darker whereas the HB makes it look more of a lighter read.
I really like the font in the HB as well as the pretty wings, l think it's simple but pretty. I think the PB stands out much more because of the black and gold together and also it's a very unique cover whereas the HB is more common. 

~
ExtraordinaryExtraordinary>> Hardback
Paperback <3
These covers, again, are so very different. I think the HB makes the book look a bit more of an adult book for some reason. Maybe it's because the photo looks 'filmed grained' making it look a bit older. Also there is just too much of one colour, l mean l guess that might be a plus for some people but l am not a fan of green. The PB is very unique and makes me wonder why she is looking through something that looks like grass. In fact it just made me read the blurb which is a good thing!
~

Please note, some covers l feature are also in other formats. For example a HB cover is usually also in PB and a PB cover is also sometimes on a HB etc.
Also sometimes the PB may be a UK one and the HB may be USA. 
It's just a way to compare covers.
</3 - Ok
<3 - Like
<33 Love
~

Sorry about the position of the HB and the PB. Every time l put them at opposite directs it leaves a line between them and my thoughts. Very annoying.

6 comments:

  1. I love the HB copy of Extraordinary because I really like the colour green =) !! lol
    I also love the PB copy of Shadow Hills (green eyes = YAY) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the HB EXTRAORDINARY the best. I like the way the colors feel natural, like a perfect day outside.

    I like the HB SHADOW HILL better; more to look at and I like how the gauze is over her face. The PB is just a shape, a trend I don't care for.

    And I like the pb of REBEL for all the reasons you said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually prefer the HB of Shadow Hills, although in my opinion neither of those covers do the book justice. I love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about Shadow Hills, but I wish more of the face was shown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Leanna, I like the HB of Shadow Hills. The bright orange reminds me of the author's hair, too. I don't love the HB, but something about the PB turns me off a lot.

    I like both of the covers for the second book, but the PB looks a lot less embarrassing to read in public as an adult :P The HB looks like it's for very young readers.

    I don't love either of these covers for Extraordinary, but the PB makes me curious about it. It draws me in. The HC makes it look like a contemporary book and I'm not interested in that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the HB of Shadow Hills :) I have this book to read so I'm looking forward to it. Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult