28.7.11

*Review* : Passion - Lauren Kate

PassionPassion - Lauren Kate
Series :  #3 Fallen
Released : 14th June 2011
Publisher: Random House
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Overall rating
Photobucket

Luce would die for Daniel.And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . .Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.
I have to admit before I started Torment I had to go back and read Fallen as I had forgotten what had happened but as soon as I remembered I couldn’t wait to read Passion! Passion wasn’t what I was expecting so although I may sound disappointed in this review it’s just because it was very different from what I imagined so I kind of have mixed feelings.

One thing I can definitely say I liked is being able to get to know both Luce and Daniel better after the previous two books. I really enjoy the different chapters for both Daniel and Luce as they make their characters so much stronger and separate people. I got to like Luce more in this book, she has frustrated me a little bit in the past because of her decisions and how quick she is to make them but I felt in Passion I understood her more.
I really enjoyed going back to their past life’s to see what happened in them and how it affected their relationship in the future, especially seeing if Daniel's love for Luce is as strong as it seems to be. Sadly I did feel that this kind of went on too long, I would have liked either less past life’s or less descriptions of the past life's and more twists or action.

The main and big negative thing for me in this book is lack of action. Without meaning to sound terrible because I actually did enjoy this book, as you can tell from the 4 star rating, I just felt there wasn’t that much ‘point’ to it. I just didn’t feel like much really actually happened. By that I mean there wasn’t any point’s in Passion where I was totally gripped and couldn’t put it down and I really expected this. Nothing ever seemed to put me on edge and I never found myself becoming impatient to find out what happened next. I did like how the characters changed in this book and Luce and Daniel came to ‘realise’ things and I enjoyed seeing how this changed some things.

Overall Passion is a nice in between book between Torment and the 4th and final book. I felt it definitely left a big cliff-hanger and I am left very excited to read Rapture. Passion also cleared things up from Fallen and Torment. Try not to expect a book packed with action but instead a book where you will come to understand Daniel and Luce’s past life’s more.  
******************************************
Ratings :
Plot : 3.5/5
Cover : 4/5
Page Turner : 4/5
Characters : 4.5/5
Ending : 4/5
******************************************
Find Lauren - 
******************************************
Buy Passion -
Amazon (UK/USA)

3 comments:

  1. Big cliffhanger? oooh. I still have to read the second book, but I'm glad the third one is enjoyable. ;) Too bad that there almost isn't any action in it. I need some action! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to starting this series, I've had Fallen sitting on my TBR pile for ages now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful review. I still haven't started this series and I'm not sure I'm really missing anything. I do have to admit I'm interested, but I'm just not dying to read it or anything. Maybe once the fourth book is out so I can avoid the cliffhangers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult