15.7.11

Discussion Post - Have you ever brought a book because of a review?

PART 4 (3/4)
To see part 1 of this discussion click here
To see part 2 of this discussion click here
To see part 2 of this discussion click here

Have you ever brought a book because of a review(s)?
Stats :
No - 4
Yes - 14

Mel said - Yes - all the time! I wouldn't have picked up half my favourite books if I hadn't read a glowing review first!

Phanee said  - Yep! Quite a few! But I haven't bought them just because of positive reviews. There are some that I have bought after seeing some really negative reviews, just because I am curious to see why they hated it so... I know it's weird, but I still do it!

The Slowest Bookworm said - Nearly every book I buy is because of the reviews I've read on the blogs.  In fact I have just done that very think not 5 minutes ago! 

Thinking Cat said - I can't even count the number of books that I've picked up because of recommendations.

Ria said - Yes, often. I bought 'Fallen' and 'Gone' a couple of days ago based on reviews and I'm now addicted to the 'Gone' series.

Miss Page Turner said -  YES! My blogger BFF always recommends awesome books! I've also got a blog that I check when I am looking for contemporary romances, she's got an awesome taste:)

Liz said - Yes! Just recently, I bought The Ghost and the Goth because of a really positive review I read, and also Amy & Roger's Epic Detour because of lots of good reviews I had seen for it

Lisa said - Sure have.  I read my very first Sarah Dessen book based on reviews.

Jules said - Yes, Loads!

Jackie said - Yes!  And there are several more on my To-Buy list because of all the wonderful reviews I've read!

Stephanie said - Yes! I've seen glowing reviews of a book from a bloggers I trust before and bought it, especially if it is in a genre I love.

Mickey said - I have read books based just on reviews or because of a review.


My Thoughts
Most definitely! Most of the books l read now are because of other book bloggers and l often borrow,swap or buy books which l have seen in peoples IMM videos which sound really good. Reviews are really important to me and l can't even count the amount l read every week!
________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________



Anything Else?
.
Yiota said - Sometimes i'm looking the cover. When a cover looks poor done to me, i feel like they might didn't really give much attention to the book too.
.
Phanee said - I just wanted to say that I think we shouldn't be drawn away from books just because we might have seen a few negative reviews on it. Just because someone did not like it, does not necessarily mean that you will hate it, too. Everyone of us has a different taste in books. It's what makes us different. And it's also the reason there are so many of them to choose from. To keep us all happy.
.
Kirsty said - I buy a lot due to people talking about them on twitter. I am also a real cover lover and buy loads purely based on the cover.
.
Ria said - Covers do matter and I do pick up books based on their covers, no matter how many times I hear 'don't judge a book by its cover' (:
.
Tandra said - I also factor in the cover and the first line of the book when buying! 
.
My thoughts
Huge thank you to everyone who filled the form out and to everyone who took their time to read these posts and comment! Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!! =)

Next week
I will be doing a conclusion of this discussion and rounding up all the thoughts together as well as adding the form for the new discussion! =)
~
Thank you -
It's because of you guys we have a great discussion!
Yiota - Splash Of Our Worlds
Booketta - Booketts'a Book Blog
Mel - Mels Random Reviews
Ricki - Reading Challenged
Phanee - Funny Wool
Mickey - I'm A Book Shark
Thinking Cat - Cat's Thoughts
Stephaine - Books Are A Girl's Best Friend
Karen - The Slowest Bookworm
Jackie - Books & Tea
Lisa - Lisa's World Of Books
Jules - The Great, The Good and The Bad
Kirsty - The Overflowing Library
Liz - Planet Print
Ria - The Beaucoup Review
Debz - Debz Bookshelf
Miss Page Turner - Miss Page-Turners City Of Books
Tandra - Awesome Sauce Books

5 comments:

  1. This was really one discussion post that everyone had so much to say on!!

    Great feature - I look forward to the wrap-up and new form next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with Miss Page Turner on having a blog BFF who I go to for book recommendations and reading reviews are the ONLY way I'll buy a book! I love this feature on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes and yes totally. At least half the books I read are because I read about them online though it's much more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh yes, I agree with all the people who mentioned covers. I'm a huge cover snob. While I don't buy books unless I've read them first, I choose most of my library books based on reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult