4.7.11

*Review* : Forgive My Fins - Tera Lynn Childs

Book review of Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Series : #1 Fins
Released : 1st July 2011
Publisher: Templar
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher - UK Tour
Finished : 23rd May 2011
Overall rating
Photobucket
Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it's not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you're a normal teenage girl, but when you're half human, half mermaid, like Lily, there's no such thing as a simple crush.Lily's mermaid identity is a secret that can't get out, since she's not just any mermaid—she's a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn't feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she's been living on land and going to Seaview High School ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems—like her obnoxious biker-boy neighbor, Quince Fletcher—but it has that one major perk: Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren't really the casual dating type—the instant they "bond," it's for life.
Read the rest of the blurb here
Make sure you check out my interview with Tera. Click here
I am still making my mind up about mermaid books and whether they are something l want to read more often or not so when l picked up Forgive My Fins l was a bit unsure. Within the first chapter l knew l was going to enjoy this book.
If l was to sum up Forgive My Fins up in two words it would be quirky and fun. Yes it also has a lot of romance in but the strongest point in this book for me was how fun it is. Tera has a really great way of writing which l feel brings out the best in every sentence. For example the way which the main character, Lily, thinks is put forward in a way which has you laughing. Lily is such a typical girl and l found myself thinking how l act like she does sometimes. It isn’t just how she acts or thinks but how Tera puts the whole quirkiness forward to the readers and lets everything flow, pure genius.
Lily is the perfect sort of character for this book and l think because of her even people who don’t like mermaid books could read this. Yes this book is kind of around the whole ‘bond’ where if a mermaid kisses a boy he turns into a merman but the whole relationships that Lily has with the other characters and also the world which Tera creates is fascinating and so creative.
Tera has ended this book in a way which really makes for an amazing second book, not in a cliff-hanger kind of way but more of an intriguing way. What added to this book was Tera kept up a high standard throughout the book and the ending did not fail to please!
Overall this is a must read mermaid book which is unique, fresh, funny, cute and so much more! Tera has created great characters, friendships and storyline which will be enjoyed by all ages.


******************************************
Ratings :
Plot : 4.5/5
Cover : 4.5/5
Page Turner : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Ending : 5/5
******************************************
Series -
#1 Forgive My Fins
# 2 Fins Are Forever
2011 Books Challenges -
No
******************************************
Buy your copy
Amazon (UK/USA)

10 comments:

  1. I loved this book, it was fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read a mermaid book, and the words 'quirky' and 'fun' are right up my alley. What's not to like?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it, it really is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a cute summer read I'm glad to see how much you enjoyed it! can't wait to read my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read mermaid books either and so put this one on my wishlist because I like Childs' writing. It sounds like Forgive My Fins doesn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book and all its mermaidness. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a fun summer read! So glad you liked it as now I want it even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really glad you loved this. Its such a fun read and the second book Fins are Forever is just as good :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, so glad you liked it! I found Lily so relatable and sweet (except for her feelings about Quinn. How could she not see how awesome he was? :P)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love mermaid books! Will definitely have to check this one out some time! I didn't even know it existed so thanks for the review because I have now found a new book to read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult