19.7.11

First lines (#4) - Dark Ride

What is the point of First Lines?
Well l hope to help you find new books you may not have heard of or interest you in books you may not have been interested in before. 
To find more out about First Lines click here.
Dark Ride

First few lines of :
Blurb
A shiver crawled up my spine. It felt like the loneliest place in the world. For a second I thought I caught a snatch of music in the air, but it was just the wind whistling through cracks in the fairground hoardings. My instincts screamed, "Run away, Bel! Run away and never return!" But instead my fingers closed around the ticket in my pocket. ADMIT ONE.'

First Page
Welcome to Slumpton
That's what the sign's mean't to say but some of the letters have worn off. So all you really see is Welcome to Slum.
Hilarious, right? Or it would be, if you didn't have to live here. 

My Thoughts
When l picked this up and read the first page I straight away warmed to the main character, Bel, and her sense of humour. Also 'the voice' of the character in a book is really important to me and l straight away loved how this was written.
Review of this is coming within the next 2 weeks. Great book!


What do you think about the first page and blurb?
Please note, most of these are typed up by myself so there may be small errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult