31.7.11

Guest Post - Ednah Walters : Author of The Guardian Legacy Series


Hi Ednah, thank you for joining us at Books for Company. Please introduce yourself and your series, The Guardian Legacy.
Thanks for the warm welcome, Jodie. My name is Ednah Walters, the author of the Guardian Legacy series. I grew up reading Nancy Drew mysteries and never thought I’d one day share my love of books with readers.
The Guardian Legacy series chronicle the love story between Lil Falcon and Bran Llyr. They’re both Nephilim/children of the fallen angels. While Lil was born among the Guardian and grew up on earth, Bran was raised on an island among the evil faction of their race, the Hermonites, or as humans call them, demons.
Here’s a brief summary of what happens in book 1 and 2:
-
Awakened (The Guardian Legacy, #1)AWAKENED (book 1)
Bran Llyr was born and raised among demons—those pesky Nephilim, who go after human souls and cause mayhem around the world. To save his little sister, he risked being vanquished and sought help from the Guardians, the good Nephilim who guard humans and annihilate demons on a daily basis. What he didn’t plan on was meeting a girl of his dreams, Lil Falcon, or falling in love.
Lil has lived the life of a nomad with her doting grandfather. Little does she know why they move a lot or that when she turns sixteen, her identity will be revealed and her destiny will lead her down a path of danger, new discoveries and true love.


Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #2)BETRAYED (book 2):
Lil Falcon is no ordinary Guardian. Her father is a nature-bender demon, which makes her powers unique. Throw in the fact that she is the wielder of the Nephilim’s most powerful weapon, the Kris Dagger, and you have a powerful girl both the Guardians and the demons want on their side.
Bran and Lil soon find out that falling in love is about the most dangerous thing they have ever done. Someone very close to Lil is willing to use Bran and his past to lure Lil to the dark side. It will take everything, including putting their souls on the line, to stay one step ahead of the traitor and the demons.

Lil has been brought up by her grandad and has a very unique relationship with him. Was this already planned before you started writing and what made you choose for it to have been her grandad who brought her up?
From the beginning, I saw her with an indulgent father figure guiding her. I knew that the dynamics of their relationship should be different because of their age difference, so I chose a grandfather. I love their relationship.

You have a lot of unique names in this book, how do you choose the names for your characters?
I’ve cheated and borrowed angelic and demonic names like Valafar, Rastiel, Tariel... Then there’s Bran Llyr from Celtic mythology. Bran was the son of Sea-god Llyr. Others just popped in my head.

What sort of books do you enjoy reading yourself?
I read everything. From YA urban fantasy like the Mortal Instrument series and Hush, Hush to adult fantasy like J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood; contemporary to romantic suspense, which I also write under E.B. Walters; espionage, courtroom and medical thrillers by Tom Clancy and Robert Ludlum, James Grisham and Jonathan Cook. As long as it has a good plot and I have time, I read it.


Have you always wanted to be an author and what's your favourite part about being an author?
I always wanted to write, but I never thought I’d publish. I mean, I went to college and majored in chemistry, went on to graduate school/higher education and got my doctorate. The writing bug bit me after I decided to be a stay-at-home mother. I did it for fun at first, early chapter books for my children. Then I moved to romance because I read romance a lot.
My favorite part is getting e-mail messages from people who’ve read and enjoyed my books.


Do you have any other books 'in the works' including more in The Guardian Legacy and a new series/stand alone?
I’m working on book 3 of the Guardian Legacy series—Hunted. Since I also write adult romance, my other project is an adult romance.

Buy Ednah's Books
Amazon (UK/USA)
Smashwords
The Book Depository



Sadly something went wrong with timing so I could only post this today.
Make sure you check out the final stop in the tour Sassy Book Lovers
My review of Betrayed will be up tomorrow! =)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic interview! I have heard so many good things about the first book, that I plan to go buy it tomorrow. And by the way: she's god great taste in books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...um, that should have been: GOT great taste in books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult