21.9.11

Waiting on Wednesday (#35)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Someone Else's LifeSomeone Else's Life - Katie Dale
Released : 2nd April 2012
Publisher : Simon & Schuster (UK)
I have to admit that the cover attracted me to this one to begin with, I just love it! I think it hints towards some sort of heartbreak in this story with how the girl is sitting and almost reflecting on what is happening. 
Anyway onto the actual book. I love the sound of it! I think if I can connect with the character and she is likeable therefore someone I can feel sorry for then I will really enjoy this book.
Plus the fact it's published by Simon & Schuster!!
-
-
The Blurb :
When seventeen-year-old Rosie’s mother, Trudie, dies from Huntington’s Disease, her pain is intensified by the knowledge that she has a fifty-per-cent chance of inheriting the crippling disease herself. Only when she tells her mum’s best friend, ‘Aunt Sarah’ that she is going to test for the disease does Sarah, a midwife, reveal that Trudie was not her biological mother after all... Devastated, Rosie decides to trace her real mother, hitching along on her ex-boyfriend’s GAP year to follow her to Los Angeles. But all does not go to plan, and as Rosie discovers yet more of her family's deeply-buried secrets and lies, she is left with an agonising decision of her own - one which will be the most heart-breaking and far-reaching of all...

12 comments:

  1. Road trip with ex-boyfriend lots of discoveries. What's not to want. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't heard of this book but i'm excited. i love road trip stories with a possible romance.

    my WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really cute! I'm going to have to pick up a copy!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-15-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my WoW a couple of weeks ago and now I just want it even more! Gorgeous cover, great summary. Is it April yet? :D

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. I just recently added this to my TBR list.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  6. *wiggles in chair excitedly* OH MY GOD! This book has my name written all over it, I LOVE the cover and it sounds amazing! Thank you for bringing it to my attention its definitely going on the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the cover too, it sounds nice, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds like the kind of emotionally charged read that I enjoy. I'm looking forward to reading this one too.

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hadn't heard of this one before but that cover is beautiful! A must add to my tbr :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this nutshell sounds pretty ordinary; I have read a similar story as “Someone Else's Life”. Generally Katie Dale known to be a good writer but in this case I guess she is not up to the task. Anyway will read it once it come out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just waiting until 2dn of april 2012, lots of criticise among the people about this book, so hope something different will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rosie’s character was well planed one, her role has been an inspirational one for all the readers. Everyone should read this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult