6.9.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#28)

Girl, Missing - Sophie McKenzie
Blood BoundBlood Bound (Unbound, #1)>> Paperback 1 <3
Paperback 2 >>
I really like the colour of the text in both these covers but I feel that the orange definitely suits PB 1 a lot more and the position is much better. I love how it goes with the orange sky and the whole feel about the cover is much more suitable to the book than the feel that PB 2 gives off. In PB 2 I like the purple in the background but don't really like anything else is I am honest!

<< Hardback
Paperback >>-
I don't really like any of these covers if they were stand alone covers. I don't really like the girl in the HB and hate the green in the PB. What I do love is how the UK covers (PB) follow the same sort of theme for all the covers. I have around 8 on my shelf and they look great together! The HB is ok, I like the white mixed with blue. 

Switched - Amanda Hocking

Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld, #12)Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld, #12)<< Hardback 1


Hardback 2 >>
I haven't ever really liked the sort of covers like HB 2. It just makes me think of women fighters etc and these aren't the sort of books I enjoy. I do like the colours in HB 2 but what the colour is wearing and her pose just totally puts me off the book.
I like HB 1 as I love butterflies but I feel like this cover totally gives off the wrong vibe for the book. 
Please note, some covers l feature are also in other formats. For example a HB cover is usually also in PB and a PB cover is also sometimes on a HB etc.
Also sometimes the PB may be a UK one and the HB may be USA.
It's just a way to compare covers.
<3 - Like
<33 Love

7 comments:

  1. I like all the paperback covers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these kinda posts!!! (:

    -Blood Bound I loooveee the second paperback cover(:
    -Last Breathe...Im not crazy about either of them..but I think I like the hardback, I jst love the way the white and blue look (:
    -Spellbound, I dont like either ):

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the Blood Bound UK cover - so gorgeous!!

    None of the others really blow me away, I'm afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.None :p
    2.Hardback (the blending is way better than the other)
    3.Hardback 1 (more mysterious!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't choose between the Blood Bound covers - they're so similar I wouldn't be bothered which I picked up.

    I actually do prefer the hardback for the Rachel Caine book, but I'd buy the paperback so it would match the others in the series. I'm sad like that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow the HC Spellbound cover is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, for the first one I prefer PB1, for the second PB, and for the last, HB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult