10.9.11

*Review* : Sister, Missing - Sophie McKenzie

Sister, MissingSister, Missing - Sophie McKenzie
Series : #2
Released : 29th September 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Format : Paperback
Source : From Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)|Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
It's two years after the events of Girl, Missing and life is not getting any easier for sixteen-year-old Lauren, as exam pressure and a recent family tragedy take their toll. Lauren's birth mother takes Lauren and her two sisters on holiday in the hope that some time together will help, but a few days into the holiday one of the sisters disappears, under circumstances very similar to those in which Lauren was taken years before. Can Lauren save her sister, and stop the nightmare happening all over again?

 .................................... My Thoughts  ....................................
After reading Girl, Missing I was a bit worried that Sister, Missing would just be basically a copy of it therefore taking away the best part about Girl, Missing ; the unpredictability. I also felt that at the end of Girl, Missing that Lauren’s story was complete and didn’t feel it NEEDED a follow on. Saying that I was still excited to read Sister, Missing and enjoy being able to be in Lauren’s world again to see how the future panned out for her.
I am glad to say Lauren’s world yet again absorbed me very quickly, everything was just as unpredictable, fresh and unique as Girl, Missing had been. I loved that this book quickly became a book within its own right; I didn’t just see it as a follow on from Girl, Missing but instead a book which had its own ‘purpose’. I was really glad and almost relieved that although it had the same sort of story line everything was also very different at the same time and I couldn’t really predict anything of what was going to happen next, I quickly became engrossed.
I do have to say though that the one negative thing in this book was one of the main twists was one which I predicted nearly straight away, it didn’t ruin everything for me but I almost felt disappointed in myself for predicting it and ruining that part of the story for myself. I do wish that Sophie had made that a bit harder to predict (Explained below)
As things started to happen in this book I actually did wonder why I found everything was believable when you think what the chance is of something like this happening again? I think the answer to that is Sophie’s writing and how gripping her writing is. I just become so enthralled in her books that I don’t stop for a second to think whether I believe what she has written or not. Also I found that the things which some characters said made everything which was happening make more sense.
Over-all Sister Missing is another great book by Sophie McKenzie which straight away grabs your attention by the fact paced story-line which starts from page 1 and doesn’t end until the last page.
Spoiler - I quickly guessed that Rick was part of the kidnapping. How he was around the family, the things he did and said, I think it kept hinting towards him too much. I wish it was made less obvious.

---------------------------------------------------------
Ratings :
Plot : 4.5/5
Cover : 4/5
Page Turner : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Ending : 4/5

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult