26.9.11

First lines (#6) - Stay With Me

What is the point of First Lines?
Well l hope to help you find new books you may not have heard of or interest you in books you may not have been interested in before. 
To find more out about First Lines click here.

Stay with Me

First few lines of :
Blurb
Fifteen-year-olds Cece and Mack didn't expect to fall in love. She's a sensitive A student; he's a high school dropout. But soon they're spending every moment together, bonding over a rescued dog, telling their secrets, making plans for the future. Everything is perfect. Until. Until. Mack makes a horrible mistake, and in just a few minutes, the future they'd planned becomes impossible.

First Page
"Bad news," Vics says.
"There's another kind?"
"I lost the restaurant."
"Another tough night at the online poker table?"
"Catastrophic." The old man saddles a flipped milk crate and clobbers garlic cloves with his hands. Says it makes him feel one with earth., expect there's not a lot of earth here in the city. Baked concrete, we got that. 

My Thoughts
I am on page 40 as I type this and have to say, 10 pages in, I thought I wasn't going to like this but after the first chapter I felt the writing really started to flow better and now I am really wanting to read more! 

What do you think of these 'First Lines?'
Have you read Stay With Me?
Does it make you want to read Stay With Me?

1 comment:

  1. I think it sounds quite promising - can't wait to hear how you liked it :) I love the cover, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult