14.9.11

Waiting on Wednesday (#34)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Article 5Article 5 - Kristen Simmons
Released : 14th February 2012
These sort of books always intrigue me as I think every book like this can be so different depending on how the author sees the world and where they can see it in the future (although I am unsure how far in the future this one is? If it is at all!)
I hope this one turns out as promising as it sounds, I think it could definitely be a unique read. 
I haven't really read many books like this so far this year so I am hoping to change that next year with so many great books like this coming out.
-
-
The Blurb :
New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC have been abandoned. 
The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes. 

There are no more police — instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior — instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested don’t usually come back. 
17-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. That life in the United States used to be different.

Read the rest of the blurb here

7 comments:

  1. I have been wanting this one ever since I first read the summary. It sound like it will be a really intriguing read. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really, REALLY want to read this book too. heard great things about it. awesome pick :)

    please check out my WoW pick this week.

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a really good dystopian. Great pick!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Article 5 definitely sounds intense! It's always a little freaky reading about a city near you crumbling (in my case, LA), but I'm still excited to read this book! Great pick! :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this book, looks interesting!
    great picks!

    Hope you have an awesome day! Come visit us if you have a chance!!

    Crazy Book Slut or Facebook page

    P.S. Newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited for this one too! I love me some dystopian =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult