28.3.12

Waiting on Wednesday (#60)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I know this one is out but it deserves a WoW post!
Riding Out the Storm Riding out The Storm - Sis Deans
Published : 28th February 2012
Publisher : Henry Holt & Company Books
I love the sound of this one! Especially when it say's 'Promoted by a chain of unpredictable event's'. Just from that I so want to read this one! I think it sounds really unique and has one of those storylines which could be taken in a number of different directions so reading the blurb and that it's a storyline with unpredictable events makes me excited to read it. 
I just hope I like Zach as I believe he is the main character and I struggle to like a book if the main character isn't likeable.  
-
The Blurb :
Zach is riding the Greyhound bus through a snowstorm to visit his older brother Derek, whom he hasn’t seen in seven months. That’s when their parents finally went broke paying Derek’s doctor’s bills and had to give him up as a ward of the state. Nothing—not drawing in his sketchbook, not basketball—lets Zach forget that his brother is living in a mental institution five states away. But surprisingly, sitting next to a talkative teenage girl he nicknames Purplehead starts to take the edge off Zach’s pain.
Prompted by a chain of unpredictable events and by the people he meets along the way, Zach’s cynical humor gives us a poignant look at medical insurance and health care systems for the mentally ill, and at the everyday fears, joys, and revelations of adolescence.

3 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this one too! I like characters with humor and I think this will be perfect for me. :) Will add to my wishlist!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. This sounds great! The story sounds really intense and I love cynical humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not heard of it...it's not my normal kind of thing, but I'll definitely pick it up if I see it. Good choice!

    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult