22.3.12

The Time Will Come #60

-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!


Daughter of Smoke and BoneDaugther of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor
This wouldn't be something which I would usually want to read as the blurb doesn't make this book stand out or sound amazing to me. When I kept seeing lots of reviews which were all very positive and people saying how amazing it was I took more of an interest in it. Then I saw some of my favourite bloggers loved this and really wanted to read it. I was very lucky to receive this from the publisher and have since been wanting to read it for so long.  
I hope I can read this one soon and it lives up to my exceptions and I enjoy it as much as everyone else!



The Blurb
"Errand requiring immediate attention. Come.
The note was on vellum, pierced by the talons of the almost-crow that delivered it. Karou read the message. 'He never says please', she sighed, but she gathered up her things.
When Brimstone called, she always came."
In general, Karou has managed to keep her two lives in balance. On the one hand, she's a seventeen-year-old art student in Prague; on the other, errand-girl to a monstrous creature who is the closest thing she has to family. Raised half in our world, half in 'Elsewhere', she has never understood Brimstone's dark work - buying teeth from hunters and murderers - nor how she came into his keeping. She is a secret even to herself, plagued by the sensation that she isn't whole.
Now the doors to Elsewhere are closing, and Karou must choose between the safety of her human life and the dangers of a war-ravaged world that may hold the answers she has always sought.
 

11 comments:

  1. You need to read this one as soon as possible! I didn't expect to love it as much as I did, but it completely surprised me! :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this one sat on my kindle waiting to be read. It sounds such a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one! I've never read anything else like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is an amazing book! The plotting was excellent, and amazing, and really unique, it was really great! Read it! It's a quick read if you read it from like 9 pm to 12 pm on a night, and just read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I haven't read this yet either - it's been nudging the top of my TBR for a long time, but it never quite makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this on my my tbr pile as well. It's had some fabulous reviews from a lot of bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my shelf, too! One of these days I'll get to it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was my favourite book of 2011. It's beautiful and magical. I hope it lives up to your expectations! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is on my The Time Will Come list as well. It's next to my bed, waiting for me to dive in. My copy is autographed, even. But I haven't found the right time to do it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've *got* to read this one, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult