7.3.12

Waiting on Wednesday (#57)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Something Like NormalSomething Like Normal - Trish Doller
Published : 19th June 2012
Publisher : Bloomsbury (USA)
I haven't read a book which has dealt with war before so this would definitely be a first for me, I am really liking the books which are a challenging read. I am also enjoying discovering new authors and this is a debut novel so I am hoping this book doesn't disappoint! 
It has amazing ratings so far on goodreads, nearly all 5 stars so this makes me so so excited! I will definitely be keeping my eye out for reviews of this one and definitely recommend that you do too ! =)
-
The Blurb :
A powerful debut novel about a young Marine's return home from Afghanistan and the new life and love he finds while fending off the ghosts of war.
When Travis Stephenson returns home from Afghanistan, his parents are on the brink of divorce, his brother has stolen his girlfriend and his car, and nightmares of his best friend getting killed keep him completely spooked. But when he runs into Harper Gray, a girl who despises him for trashing her reputation with a middle school lie, life actually starts looking up. As Travis and Harper see more of each other, he starts falling for her and a way through the family meltdown, the post-traumatic stress, and the possibility of an interesting future begins to emerge.
His sense of humor, sense of his own strength, and incredible sense of honor make Travis an irresistible and eminently lovable hero in this fantastic and timely debut novel.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it doesn't sound like the kind of book I'd usually pick up, it's definitely intriguing nonetheless. I might wait for a few more reviews, before definitely adding it to my to-read list. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds really interesting. Thanks for posting about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I hadn't heard of this one!!! Awesome choice chick!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult