27.3.12

Paperback or Hardback? (#42)

Paperback <3 >>
I really like both of these covers. The PB is really striking with the yellow and it looks like she is running away. I do prefer the HB though as it goes with the rest of the series so would look better on a bookshelf. It's also much prettier with the flower and purple (I love purple!)

<< Hardback
Paperback </3 >>-
Neither of these really make me want to read the book. I much preferred the cover for the first in the series, Shade. I guess it's because I don't like the shade of yellow used in the HB. Such a horrible colour! I do like the colours and font used in the PB but don't like the picture used. Such a simple one with nothing to it. 

Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)   Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)     Black Heart - Holly Black
<< Hardback <3
Paperback  >>
The style of the PB has never made me want to read a book. It doesn't look like my 'genre' of book with the criminal looking characters (Sorry!) . The HB is much better. Well I think so! I love the swirls in that pretty purple and how the title joins the swirls. 
Please note, some covers l feature are also in other formats. For example a HB cover is usually also in PB and a PB cover is also sometimes on a HB etc.
Also sometimes the PB may be a UK one and the HB may be USA.
It's just a way to compare covers.
</3 - Meh
<3 - Like
<33 Love

4 comments:

  1. Great post!! :-) I agree; I love both covers of The Last Echo (I NEED to read that series!) and I don't really like either Shine covers. Thanks so much for the awesome post!!

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    The difference between the two covers of The Last Echo is the most significant for me. I wouldn't have guessed they were for the same book! But I like the paperback cover better because it gives a better sense of the plot than the hardback cover.

    I agree with you that the hardback cover of Shine is a really unfortunate shade of yellow, so I'd go with the paperback cover just because of that--although I'm not really a fan of models on covers. I like to use my own imagination when determining what the characters look like.

    Having said that, I'd pick the paperback cover of Black Heart over the hardback. The slickness of the red, black and white is just more dramatic than the fuschia on black scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really like all of these covers, but The Last Echo hardback is the best from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. HB cause it matches with the rest of the series! But the PB would look nice as a standalone.

    2. PB

    3. Probably the HB, the PB is cool, but it looks like a bloody crime novel! When I say bloody I don't mean like the swear, but an actual 'bloody' book! Like with lots of blood :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult