15.11.11

*Review* : Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)Wolfsbane - Andrea Cremer
Series : #2 Nightshade
Released : 26th July 2011
Publisher: ATOM
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)|Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended.Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered.
But then the Searchers make her an offer,one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.


 .................................... My Thoughs  ....................................
In Short
- There is a bit of an information overload at the beginning
- After the first 100 pages this book is action packed
-Unexpected twists throughout the book kept me gripped
- This book will make you desperate to read Bloodrose

In Long
I was really quite excited to read Wolfsbane, although I will admit I couldn’t remember a huge lot about Nightshade or how it ended! Before reading Wolfsbane I scan read the last 50 pages but to be honest it didn’t help with the small little details which I obviously needed to know for Wolfsbane.
Wolfsbane straight away threw you into the story, right where Nightshade finished. That was fine if you had just read Nightshade but for someone who reads around 7 books a month it’s impossible to remember the ending to every book. I even felt at times that someone who had just read Nightshade would still be confused. It felt like an information overload and Andrea really should have prioritised the information and provided you with the information you needed to understand what was happening. This carried on for around 100 pages and I was just totally confused for all of those 100 pages, if this would have been the first book in a series I would have stopped reading it. BUT I had faith in Andrea, I knew she would write a great book, judging by Nightshade. I am glad I stuck with Wolfsbane!
After the information overload and having no more understanding than before, the actual storyline and action came into play. As soon as this happened I couldn’t put Wolfsbane down. It was exactly like Nightshade with the fast paced storyline, the great characters and most of all, the great writing! The storyline especially kept me gripped to this book. I loved how I thought I knew what was going to happen but Andrea proved me wrong a number of times.
I loved the new characters in Wolfsbane and how they all really added to the story. All of them were different with little things about each character and their lives being revealed slowly. The main characters were built on throughout this book, especially Calla.
Final Thoughts
Yes Wolfsbane has its ups and downs and there are some negative things in this review but if you enjoyed Nightshade definitely read Wolfsbane and try to stick with it. After around 100 pages you will be ‘rewarded’ with a fast paced, action packed storyline which will have you already gripped to the third in the series ‘Bloodrose’.

3 comments:

  1. yay! I started book one. beautiful writing

    here's my review of catching jordan! stop by?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/arc-review-catching-jordan-fun-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so curious to read this one, I want to know what will happen. I'm curious to know if I will think the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Wolfsbane and also that there was some information and passages from Nightshade that were repeated.
    I'm waiting for Bloodrose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult