10.11.11

Blogger Guest Post : This or That?

Please welcome Jenny from Chocolate Chunky Munkie to Books for Company!
Thank you Jenny for joining us! 
Photobucket
Love your button =)
Hi, my name is Jenny and I'm the author of Chocolate Chunky Munkie blog. I'm from the lovely rural county of Herefordshire which is in England. I'm a total bookaholic and most of my time is taken up by reading. I love so many different book genres, I have very eclectic book tastes I write mostly about my love of books and also about my gorgeous Chocolate Labrador - Hades. My blog name - Chocolate Chunky Munkie - is named after my dog, it's his nickname. He is a real cheeky chappie who brings so much joy to my family. My blog features book reviews, giveaways, interviews and other random bookish things. I love blogging and I have met some wicked people. I do find I get a bit carried away with blogging it tends to eat into my reading time - which is not good!!!! **Jennyxx**


Books - Most Important
Aka - Which one are you must bothered out when choosing what to read next. E.G. - Do you care more about who the publisher is and judge a book on that or do you judge it on the author.

First Page or Blurb? Blurb - the first thing I do when I look at a book is look at the blurb. It has to make me want to read the book. A boring blurb puts me right off.

Cover or Blurb? Again Blurb - I've seen some fantastic eye catching covers, but if the blurb doesn't sound good I will put the book back. Don't get me wrong pretty covers are appealing!!

Author or Publisher? Author - I'm not one of these people who judge books by the publisher. But I do judge books by the author, especially if I've enjoyed their books before.

Long or Short book? Short book - I'm going through the phase of leaving the fatties on my shelf. I think sometimes books are too padded out. Give me a thinner book any day.

Series or Stand alone? Series - I like to see how characters grow and progress. I do get told off by my friends though, I'm terrible for reading out of order. Naughty naughty!!



Random :
Bath or Shower? Shower - I just can't seem to relax in the bath.

Juice or Fizzy drinks? Juice - I used to have a diet-coke habit. Now I'm more of a ribena girl

Morning or Night? Night!! - I've worked nights for 12 years so my body clock is now attuned to nights. Perhaps it's the inner vampire in me.........

Time or Money? Time - no fun trying to spend money when you don't have the time. Certain things going on in my life make me appreciate taking time with people.

Dog or Cat? Oh what a question lol. I am a dog lover through and through, my chocolate Labrador Hades takes up most of my time. I love him, he's my baby <3 I've even named my blog after him.

Warm or Cold? Ummmm not an easy question. I'm an autumn and spring girl, so I like it in between. Too hot or too cold and I get miserable

My thoughts (Jodie) : So glad you could join us Jenny! I don't know how you work nights, honestly don't! I am also a dog person and think Hades looks totally adorable! Thanks Jenny =)


Do you want to take part in This or That? Please email me at booksforcompany@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Great answers Jenny, I loved this interview! :)
    I agree, I love beautiful covers but if the blurb doesn't sound good, I won't buy it.

    And yay for fellow autumn/spring girls and night owls haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodie for having me on your blog :D and thank you Vicky :)

    I really enjoyed answering the questions and hopefully you've gotten to know me a bit better xx

    Jenny - Chocolate Chunky Munkie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! And it's so true...though the cover may get me to pick up the book...if the blurb is no good...the cover won't make me buy it!!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feature Jodie and Jenny! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult