3.8.11

Waiting on Wednesday (#29)

Waiting on Wednesday
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

CrackedCracked - K.M. Walton
There is something about this sort of book which I am really loving at the moment. By that I mean I am loving the sort of books which is based around people have a problem. By problems I mean a huge range of things from drugs to being abused to teenage problems. I love reading about the characters and slowly getting to know them  and see them change to a different person, hopefully a better one!
Once I read this blurb it sounded a lot like what I have described above and I like how it brings people together in this book with all different pasts and problems. 



The Blurb :
Victor hates his life. He’s relentlessly bullied at school and his parents ridicule him for not being perfect. He’s tired of being weak, so he takes a bottle of his mother’s sleeping pills—only to wake up in the hospital.Bull is angry, and takes all of his rage out on Victor. He’s the opposite of weak. And he’s tired of his grandfather’s drunken beatings, so he tries to defend himself with a loaded gun.
When Victor and Bull end up as roommates in the same psych ward, things go from bad to worse. Until they discover they might just have something in common: a reason to live.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! I haven't read many stories involving drugs but I think I'll add this one to my wishlist. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to this one as well. Not usually the type of book I'd gravitate towards, but the description really hooked me for some reason. Nice pick!

    Here's my Wow post if you want to take a look :)
    http://sweetunrest-yaseena.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I haven't seen this one yet and it will be going on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one before, but I like the sound of it - I wonder how they'll cope with being roommates. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one until now but it sounds interesting. =)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love YA books about mental issues, they're always so dynamic and interesting. This one reminds me of Impulse by Ellen Hopkins so I'll have to check it out.

    Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/re4PgY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this books sounds awesome! I need to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Existing I'll be greatly delighted to achieve understanding of such scenario. We have discovered not often been recently checking out your own internet weblog simply recently. Acquired a good trip once again along with presently there will be several enjoyable info from the web page. Truly delinquent existing! At present adhere to upon beneath check cashing carson Many thanks a great deal especially favorably keep up with the good run.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult