12.8.11

*Review* : Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel


Released : 3rd August 2010
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)|Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

For 500 years Lenah Beaudonte has been a vampire. 500 years of seduction, blood and destruction. But she is sickened by her dark powers – and longs to feel the sun on her skin, grass under her bare feet, and share the breath of a human kiss. She wants to be mortal again. But is she really capable of being human, after her long years of darkness? Waking up as a sixteen-year-old girl brings Lenah many things – the life she has missed, taste, touch, love. But a vampire soul is not easily shed. And her coven – the four vampires she led in decadence and thrilling destruction – want their queen back
When I started Infinite Days I really didn’t know what to expect and admit that I thought it would be an average book that I would enjoy but not love. Well I am please to say that Infinite Days was a book which I loved and thoroughly enjoyed. It’s a great feeling to love a book you weren’t expecting to love as much as you did.
The main thing which made me love this book was just how unique it was. I haven’t read a lot of vampire books but do feel like they seem to generally be about the same thing so it was really refreshing when I read the blurb and read it was about a vampire who wanted to be human.
The book was written in a great way where I was able to get to know Lehan’s past while also keeping up with what was going on in her life at that moment. At some points going back and forth in time really added to the tension as it would flip back in time at a crucial time so I was therefore left waiting to find out what was going to happen.
I liked all the characters in Infinite Days and felt Rebecca made them all unique with a lot of depth. Lenah was a great character to have and I loved being able to compare the vampire Lenah to the human one, it was something I haven’t ever seen in a book before. The males in this book (The blurb doesn’t mention names so I won’t!) were all very different and I actually disliked all of them at one point or so. I found this to actually be a very positive thing that Rebecca could make me feel mixed things about characters as I tend to find in 'real life' you are often left with mixed feelings about people. Towards the end of the book I liked every character in this book for different reasons but mainly because Rebecca had made them feel so real that it felt like I knew them all personally.
Overall Infinite Days is a vampire book you do not want to miss out on, Rebecca’s writing flowed really well and her ability to leave her own mark in the world of vampire world was more than impressive. While reading this book I saw a totally different side of vampires from what I have before, I really enjoyed reading about how Rebecca saw vampires. 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ratings :
Plot : 4.5/5
Cover : 4.5/5
Page Turner : 4.5/5
Characters : 4.5/5
Ending : 4.5/5
-----------------------------------------------------------
Find Rebecca - 

www.MyKindaBook.com

12 comments:

  1. I loved Infinete Days too! I loved Rhode, I think it was a great sort of book. It's quite funny too... great review (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am a big fan of “Rebecca Maizel” and I never missed any of his establishments. So I am half way through the “Infinite Days” it’s ok to me so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read this one yet, but it sounds like a good read - different to a lot of other vampire reads around. Glad you enjoyed it - thank for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You liked it. I loved it and its been soooo long since I read it. I'm waiting for the next one to be released but to far away. lol - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great review! I read this one last year and like you had the same thoughts when I started reading but it really surprised me. I think it was a favorite of 2010 for me :) Can't wait for the next book!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this one yet but it's in my TBR pile. I'm glad it ended up being better than you thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when a book is better than I was expecting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read this book! I have heard great things about it. I'm not loving this cover, it's UK right? ;) Glad to hear that the book got great characters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked this book! I loved it! Mostly because it's so rare that 500-year old vampire actually behaves her age instead of portraying an average teenager. That's what always irritates me with all these books with "ancient" beings acting like a two years old. :)) Can't wait for Stolen Nights - they keep changing the publication date :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all! =)
    Nina - Yes it's the UK cover, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this book, and I'm eagerly awaiting the second in the series. (Why is it still not 2012?)

    I'm a new follower.
    Nimue @ http://mybookishobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult