30.8.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#27)

Girl, Missing - Sophie McKenzie
Girl, MissingGirl, Missing>> Paperback 1
Paperback 2 <3 >>
I don't love either of them but the more I see PB 2 the more I like it. As I am sure you know, I love purple so I mainly love the different shades of purple in PB 2. I also love how the picture and text is in her hair, great idea! PB also matches the cover for the next in the series, Sister, Missing. 
PB 1 is pretty simple and doesn't really give much about the book away. 

<< Paperback 1
Paperback 2 >>-
I don't really love or like any of these enough to say it's my 'favourite' but if I was buying this book I would choose PB 1 (And I did as I brought it!) I think PB 2 would be much nicer if the background had a different and nicer colour. 
PB 1 is a nicer colour but still not eye catching, I do like the tagline though because it tells you more about the book which the cover doesn't. 

Switched - Amanda Hocking
SwitchedSwitched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)<< Paperback 1
Paperback 2 >>
I love all of Amanda's book covers, I think she has seriously been lucky with them all. They are really simple but yet I find they really stand out and are all unique. 
When I saw the new covers for the Trylle Trilogy which are coming out in PB I feel IN LOVE! I so want these books. They are really so so pretty! Switch is my favourite, I love the colours, dress, flowers and the scene behind the girl. 

Please note, some covers l feature are also in other formats. For example a HB cover is usually also in PB and a PB cover is also sometimes on a HB etc.
Also sometimes the PB may be a UK one and the HB may be USA.
It's just a way to compare covers.
<3 - Like
<33 Love

5 comments:

  1. I like both of Sophie Kinsella's and Amanda Hocking's covers!

    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer paperback 2 for all of them! Especially Switched - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree, paperback 2 on Switched is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paperback 2
    None :p
    Paperback 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 'Can You Keep A Secret?' in the purple paperback version too, I didn't even know it existed in hardback! I really, really don't like the design but I'm not sure why...

    I don't really like either of the Switched covers, but the first paperback (the blue one) looks a little simple, like it was self-published. I'd have to go with the red one I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult