3.8.11

*Review* : Without Mercy - Belinda Boring

Series :  #1 Mystic Wolves
Released : 8th June 2011
Publisher:  Moonstruck Media
Format : Kindle
Source : Author
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)|Smashwords
Overall rating
Photobucket
What would you do if a simple errand takes a deadly twist, turning you from cautious prey to dangerous predator?
When Darcy’s outing takes a turn for the worst and tests her to the point of breaking, she struggles to maintain her humanity. Where loyalty and pack mean everything, she surrenders to the inevitable and only an act of complete trust can touch her. When all is said and done, with memories flooding her mind, Darcy holds tightly to the only thing that makes sense – it was all a dream. Or was it?

_
This is only 23ish pages long so I was doubtful as to whether Belinda could establish the characters alongside a good plot in such a small amount of pages. Without Mercy managed to do it perfectly in such a small amount of time I was left wanting more before I even got past the second page!
Without Mercy jumps straight into the action and gripped me from the first line. There was the constant wondering what's going to happen, who's behind the attack, why they are attacking Darcy and don't forget, who is Darcy herself?!
The plot seems so simple but there is little things added throughout this book which make everything much more intriguing and engrossing. Darcy is the perfect character for this sort of book and the further I got into the book the more I got to know her but the more I wanted to get her. The other characters in this book were also all very unique and each added to the plot and Darcy's actions. 
I liked how Belinda helped me, as the reader, get to know the other characters who I hadn't even yet met through Darcy. This mean't when they came into the story I didn't feel like they were 'strangers'.

Overall Without A Mercy is a great read which will both hook you and intrigue you within a matter of 2 lines! Belinda has a great skill to write a story which flows perfectly alongside a great pace. My only wish is that it was longer!
*Maybe slight spoilers about Darcy, not the plot* **Highlight**
Darcy's character came through straight away in the book and I loved how Belinda wrote about Darcy and 'the thing' inside her as two separate things with different characters, I found this really interesting and unique.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ratings :
Plot : 4.5/5
Cover : 4/5
Page Turner : 4.5/5
Characters : 4.5/5
Ending : 4.5/5
-----------------------------------------------------------
Find Belinda :

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this and it does sound like she's done a lot with very few words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover! It is so pretty and it sounds great. Just 23 pages? Wow that's short. Even I could read that in an hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing!! I love your review, I so have to order this book now! :D

    www.addictedtonovels.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. To say the truth I am very impressed by what you told. You share tons of interesting info, neat and excellent design you’ve got here. It’s certainly one of the most informative stuff on this topic I’ve ever read. Bridal lehenga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lấy ý tưởng từ những nét cắt, những đường nét tương phản được sắp xếp một cách nghệ thuật, công ty trang tri noi that, thi cong noi that  oz đưa ra  các mẫu thiet ke noi that  rất xứng đáng để tạo ra một xu hướng mới trong trang trí nha dep. Về nội thất có thể kể đến noi that phong khach, noi that van phong , noi that do go, thiet ke phong ngu , thiet ke nha hang, thiet ke can ho, thiet ke van phong

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult