23.8.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#26)

The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater
The Scorpio RacesThe Scorpio Races>> Hardback
Paperback <3 >>
I don't love either of these covers just because what it shows on the covers makes me think the book wouldn't be for me.  
Still, I do like the Paperback more, it's much brighter and also after reading the book the brighter read suits the story more and also will make the book stand out a lot more than the HB does. 


<< Paperback 1
Paperback 2 >>-
I have to admit, I don't love any of the covers for this series but I do like how the covers all seem to actually be related to the book and you can sort of guess what the book is about from the covers. 
The new covers (PB1) are ok but I don't love them. I prefer the older versions and my favourite out of the 3 versions is PB 2. 
The 3rd cover is here

AshesAshes Ashes - Ilsa J.Bick
<< Hardback 
Paperback >>
I just read this blurb for the first time so I could make a proper decision on these covers and I actually still have the same opinion ; I dislike them both.
I like the HB seems to suit the story more but for me it just makes the story look too creepy for my liking and it wouldn't make me want to read the book. PB - There isn't much to it?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Scorpio Races yet, but I prefer the paperback. The Paperbackfor Outside In totally suits the story more. I'm in the middle of Ashes and the book is quite creepy and a bit gory, so the HB does suit the feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read any of the books but let's see...

    1. Hardback
    2. Paperback
    3. None - really i can't see something cool in any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new paperback cover of Outside In. I haven't seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree that the paperback for Outside In is my favourite. The other covers don't really appeal to me at all. :-s

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer paperback for all of them, I think! Though I don't really like either of the covers for Ashes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paperbacks are all winning for me. I really hate the Hardback of Ashes - I think it's ugly, but I also think that after reading the book the paperback cover doesn't quite suit the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paperbacks all round! The hardbacks arn't that appealing though thee hardbaclk to Ashes is o-kay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice picks this week!

    1. The HB. It makes the story look grittier. The PB looks too busy and almost romantically sweet.

    2. Agree completely! I don't love any of them, but my favorite is PB2 (or maybe 3)

    3. I don't like either. The PB makes it look like a contemporary "issues" book, but the HB makes it look too creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult