8.6.11

Waiting on Wednesday (#21)

Waiting on Wednesday
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
~
The Sharp TimeThe Sharp Time - Mary O'Connell
These are the sort of books l am really enjoying at the moment and l have to admit that l was first attracted to this book by the cover as it straight away screams YA book. 
Once l read the blurb l was straight away drawn in, it sounds like a refreshing and unique read which will hopefully be one of those sort of books which makes me see the world from someone else's eyes. I think if l like the main character, Sandinista, then this book could definitely be in my top ten this year. If l am lucky enough to read it that is.   


The Blurb -
Sandinista Jones is a high school senior with a punk rock name and a broken heart. The death of her single mother has left Sandinista alone in the world, subject to the random vulnerability of everyday life. When the school system lets her down, her grief and instability intensify, and she ponders a violent act of revenge.
Still, in the midst of her crisis, she gets a job at The Pale Circus, a funky vintage clothing shop, and finds friendship and camaraderie with her coworker, a boy struggling with his own secrets.
Even as Sandinista sees the failures of those with power and authority, she's offered the chance to survive through the redemptive power of friendship. Now she must choose between faith and forgiveness or violence and vengeance.

17 comments:

  1. Huh? Sounds interesting. Adding it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one either ! Awesome pick Jodie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but it certainly is one that I want to read now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this before, but it sounds quite good! Not something I'd usually read, but I might give it a go. Nice pick, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this does look fantastic!
    By the way! I realised that it's you that I'm doing my readitswapit with for Forgive My Fins! Can't wait to see your review for Divergent!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really liking the sound of this one. Nice find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds really promising and I totally love the cover.

    Thanks, I've added it to my wishlist :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!! I found you through the Small Blogs Big Giveaway blog hop and am now a new follower.
    Laurie
    Laurie's Thoughts & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who is named after a group of South American militants gets my attention. Definitely will keep an eye on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this one before, that looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovley cover!!!

    http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait for this to come out. Sounds amazing. Great pick.

    Here's my WoW http://amysadumbrations.blogspot.com/

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Sharp Time sounds really awesome. It's been on my TBR list for quite a bit. Great pick!


    Here's my W.O.W : http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday10.html

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds very intense. I will definitely be getting this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. new follower :)

    this sounds like a really great book! Can't wait to check it out!

    Check out my waiting on Wednesday!

    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower. Sounds like a very good book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult