7.6.11

Guest Post - Toni LoTempio

Hi, Jodie, thanks for having me do a guest post today!  I love any opportunity to interact with my readers!
For those of you unfamiliar with my books, I like to write paranormal romance, although my books tend to have a lot of mystery and suspense thrown in. (Sometimes more so than the romance LOL)  I’ve been writing since I was twelve – the first thing I wrote was a book of fairy tales called TWELVE TALL TALES.  I even had another girl in school who was good at drawing illustrate them!  (too bad I can’t find what I did with that manuscript- but after 30 years and a ton of moves I’m afraid its GWTW)  I got hooked on horror from my dad, who used to take me to horror movies (Black Sunday starring Barbara Steele was the first) and, of course, I was a HUGE Dark Shadows fan growing up – I even ran a fan club for it in High School.  I can’t wait for the Johnny Depp remake!

NO REST FOR THE WICCA
Anyway, I write a lot of different books, some of which have been published by Whiskey Creek Press, but I like to think I saved my best work for the indie market J My first indie, NO REST FOR THE WICCA, is about a ghost-whispering girl with a mix of Wiccan and Voodoo in her background.  She’s a special agent, and she’s got a hottie Inheritor Vamp for a partner.  I also did a YA fantasy, MY SUPERHERO SISTER, about a mortal girl whose father and sister have super powers.

Which brings us to my latest:  RAVEN’S KISS.
RAVEN\Some people might not like Raven at first glance. She’s a moral girl who was turned into a Shapeshifter from a demon’s bite, and she’s a little bitter, to put it mildly.  When her boss suggests she take a little “vacation” she runs smack dab into a mystery that she hopes will lead her to finally capture the demon who turned her. Raven discovers a portal that leads her into parallel time – a world where the people she knows lead vastly different lives.
She also meets the Recovery Captain in that world – a six foot redheaded Scotsman named Finn McPhee. (fun fact:  I named this character after HP Mallory’s son).   Although they butt heads at first, they can’t deny their attraction to each other, an attraction that deepens as they get closer and closer to unraveling the mystery surrounding the connection between Raven and a rash of serial killings…..
To continue to read Toni's guest post, click HERE
I’m also a bit in awe of my cover for Raven’s Kiss: it was designed by a girl named Kimberly Killion, and I think she’s fantastic! Kim’s site is : www.HOTDAMNDESIGNS.com. I would highly recommend her to any indie authors looking for a good cover artist!
  I’m also the suspense reviewer/columnist for NIGHT OWL REVIEWS digital magazine!  So if any of you out there are suspense authors with a book you’d like reviewed and spotlighted in the magazine, do drop me a line at tlotempio@aol.com and put “Suspense Author” in the header.  I’m always on the lookout to sponsor new talent (and so is my editor). 

What’s in store for the future?  I have a few more novels I’ll be releasing, another YA and adult, toward the end of the year.  So if you want more info, stop by either the blog or the website.
For more info (although the blog stands a better chance of getting updated LOL)
You can find links to purchase all the books on my blog and website, but here are the ones for Raven’s Kiss:
B&N  Amazon (UK/USA)
Do come visit, and feel free to friend me on “Facebook”
***********************
Thank you so much for this guest.
l also love the Raven Kiss cover and think your very brave with watching horror movies. I am such a wimp!

2 comments:

  1. It is an enticing cover.

    Great guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm glad you are still happy with your cover design, Toni! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult