21.6.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#25)

Leanna from Daisy Chain Book Reviews very kindly offered to do a PB vs HB guest post which l was so excited about! You chose great covers Leanna and l love this post.
Definitely check out Daisy Chain Book Reviews, Leanna is the sweetest person with a great blog!
Delirium
Delirium (Delirium #1)
>> Hardback 
Paperback <3 <<
I’ve never been a fan of the original US and UK covers for Delirium. In my opinion, the original ARC cover fitted the book much better than the finished covers.  However, I am loving this cover for the Special Edition cover that’s coming out in August in the US.  If I didn’t already have a HB original on my shelves, I would ordering this one for sure!
Check out the ARC cover here


The Sky Is Everywhere
The Sky is Everywhere>> Hardback

Paperback <3 <<
I’ve always been quite fond of the original sky blue cover of this book – it’s simple, but fits the title perfectly.  However, I was pretty blown away by this new paperback when I spotted it a few weeks back.  How pretty are the covers on this one? I’m in cover love! I haven’t read this book yet, but people keep recommending it to me, so I need to get to it soon!


Elixir (Elixir, #1)
Elixir>> Hardback

Paperback <3 <<
The original HB cover of this didn’t do all that much for me, although I like the purple. Besides the colour though, it’s a bit blah! I’m going with the new PB cover on this one. It’s so much prettier and totally makes me want to read the book, even though I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews. 
Jodie - I think the hardback is definitely pretty but l agree, the PB makes me want to read it more!

PB vs HB takes a break!
I feel like sometimes my weekly schedule may bored some of you, which is definitely what l DON'T want to do! So l have decided to take a break from PB vs HB for a month and do a new feature, if you like it l may do a month or two of each so it isn't always the same stuff.

12 comments:

  1. The new Delirium cover is gorgeous! Like Leanna, I'd buy it if I didn't already have the hardback.

    I quite like the new Elixir cover, particularly because Hilary Duff is on it. It's pretty cool to have the author on the front cover.

    Can't wait to see the new feature, Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm PB for the first and last, but I really like the original cover of The Sky is Everywhere. It's just really bright and has this uplifting feel about it. I love the new Delirium cover though - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in complete agreement with you on all of these! Paperbacks for the win! I'm especially digging The Sky Is Everywhere cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only just got my hardback of Delirium back from a friend. I orderd from Book Depository and had sent direct to her as I already read it. Nice surprise under jacket flap a pic of Lena on cover. Now I love that Arc cover, gorgeous!!! I wonder why they change ? Paperback cover is gorgeous too. Not a real fan of the plain blue cover. Still the story is awesome.

    Michelle A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh p.s. Love paperbacks of Delirium and Elixir. I must admit the hardback of The Sky Is Everywhere kinda makes sense to me but paperback is still yummy to look at.

    Michelle A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love elixir's new paperback cover, it's gorgeous. I've been waiting for it for weeks in the mail but due to Canada Post..well..it hasn't arrived yet due to the strike.

    And according to the HarperCollins website, the special edition Delirium cover is in hardback only not paperback.

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like all the pb covers better!! i esp like elixir!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new cover for Delirium. I still need to read the book. Lol :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOTALLY agree with you about the ARC cover of Delirium. It fit the book so well. I don't like the UK/US hardcover and the special edition is pretty, but I don't think it fits as well as the ARC.

    THe Sky is Everywhere- meh, both are just ok for me.

    Elixer- I like both covers a lot, but the PB gives me a better idea of what the book is about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for having me over to do the guest post, Jodie! Love this feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh,I thought the Delirium covers were both UK ones. I love the ARC version so much because it fits the story perfectly. The Elixir cover is so beautiful aswell:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the paperback for The Sky is Everywhere. The special edition cover is Delirium is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult