3.6.11

Discussion Post - Reasons We Don't Love Our Libraries!

PART 4 (4/4)
Previous 3  posts on this discussion are HERE
Did you used to go to your library?

I thought this would be interesting to find out as l am aware that some people sometimes stop going when they are blogging because they are sometimes getting books to review or the books in their library aren't up to date and they are wanting to read the newer books which they are tempted by by other bloggers. 

Kate said - Yes, I used to go to the library all the time while I grew up (don't any more) A few weeks ago I took out three books and didn't read a single one because I couldn't stop thinking 'If I like it, I'll want to buy it anyway, so what's the point?'

Mel said - Yes, when I was growing up my mum used to take me to the library every Saturday. Why don't I go any more? Well, I got addicted to the ownership of books.

Rebecca said - I used to go yes. I stopped because I started reading in English and it became harder finding books. Especially in genres I wanted.

Angela said - I was never much of a library-goer. I prefer to buy my books and keep them, building my own little home library instead.

Aleetha said - Yes I did. I stop going to local library because they never update the collection.

This was one of the most interesting answers because l found all but 2 used to go their library nearly all the time but stopped going for different reasons.
I think this probably shows that although it's good for parents to take you when your young and your more of a chance to read books l don't think you have more of a chance to go back to the library as you get older, you may just buy the books. 

Is a lack of time anything to do with why 
you don't visit your library?

I wanted to see if a reason for most of you not going to a library (for those who don't) was anything to do with  lack of time and not being able to travel there. Most of you actually said it's nothing to do with that and your library is actually only a short walk away. Here's some responses. 

Kate said - No, the library is about two minutes from my house. I have no excuse. 

Rebecca said - I think the time is the same for library visits as bookstore visits, so no.

Kirsty said - no. I do still technically visit my library but only to buy ex-stock so it's nothing to do with that. i just like to own the books I read.
~
Thank you
Miss Page-Turner - Miss Page-Turners City Of Books
Angela - Bookish

4 comments:

  1. I l-o-v-e my library. Every title I have requested they have gotten for me. Of course the popular titles usually have a waiting list for them because they do not buy many duplicate titles.

    I go once or twice a week - its only 8 minutes away.
    Jennifer
    kjovus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that many people feel the same way I do. I love owning books...there's not much more to it. If I am given a time limit to read them, it's sad to say that I probably won't. I borrowed The Time Traveler's Wife from my friend last summer (she's like my own personal library) and I still never read it, but if it was my own book, I probably would have devoured it in a couple days. Is that just too weird or what? haha. Maybe one of these days I'll start using my library local library again but probably not until I finish the books I keep buying first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grab books I'm "unsure" about from the library,, books I'm not sure I'll want to re-read or own. But for books I know I love, it's an insta-buy!

    Plus, older books tend to smell weird and they're all grubby (and I'm a touch OCD)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the complete opposite when it comes to library books versus buying books. I've been sucked in by too many pretty covers to trust my judgment on buying books I haven't read yet. Unless I'm buying used and therefore very cheap, I read all of the books I"m interested in from the library first. Then if I like it, I buy it. That way I don't spend money on a book I'll end up not really liking much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult