26.4.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#18)


RoomRoom>> Hardback                                 
Paperback <3 <<
I like both these covers but l don't think either of them tell the reader a lot of what the book is about. The PB definitely tells you a lot more than the HB though. I like how the PB is like a TV and how the house has no windows. I think that hints to what the book is about. For me though, there is too much writing at the botttom. HB has less writing on the cover and is a nice sort of simple cover but doesn't tell you anything about the book. 
~
Paperback <<
I don't really like either but l don't hate either of them. The problem is,l dislike BOOK covers having a FILM picture on them. I like both of these separate. If l am reading a book l like to have my own characters and l think that is hard enough without a picture from the film being right in your face. I like the simpleness of the HB and the colours. It doesn't have a lot crammed on it either. 
~
Bridget Jones's Diary - Helen Fielding
Bridget Jones's DiaryBridget Jones's Diary>> Hardback
Paperback <<
I actually can't choose a cover for this book. I added these covers because of how STRANGE the HB cover is. Have you ever seen anything so strange? The PB is a nice picture but it has so much crammed onto it in every corner possible! The title is also in quite a random place from my point of view. Neither of these would grab my attention. Well that's a lie, the HB would because of how strange it is!


Blogger really annoys me sometimes! The formatting goes so strange so l apologise. 

7 comments:

  1. Both covers for Room are simply confusing.

    I like the hardback for Bridget Jones's diary. It's so odd that it immediately draws my attention. But I don't think either actually portray the story very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the cover for Room doesn't tell you what it's about. I knew very little when I picked it up and I think it helped with my enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Room and Bridget Jones I pick paperback. I think hardback for The Lovely Bones - that's the cover I have (although it's actually a paperback). I love that book, and I loved the movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really like the hardback of Room or Bridget Jones!

    I always try to avoid buying the film covers for books!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Ellie about Room. When I first saw the cover, I never expected it to be what it was... I do prefer the PB one to the HB, though.

    I don't like books that come out in a new edition once the film comes out either. Fortunately, I have a paperback version that is exactly like your hardback one. It's simple and pretty and it becomes pretty significant once you read the story (if I remember rightly! - it has been years since I read that book, something close to 8 years I think...).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the hardcover better on all of these except Bridget Jones' Diary. That face on the notebook is kind of creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a different cover on my PB of room and there is a little boy which gives a little bit more away.

    I have the paperback version of lovely bones but it has the cover of the hardback - its quite cute but gives nothing away!

    As for Bridget Jones i have the movie cover but i like the paperback best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult