19.4.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#17)

The MissingCryer's Cross<< USA
UK <3 << 
As you know l sometimes like to compare different covers for different countries and l found this an interesting one.
I MUCH prefer the UK one, there is nothing l really like about the USA one to be honest but l do like the title more, l think it's more unique and stands out.
'The Missing' is a pretty simple title whereas Cryer's Cross leaves you wanting to read the blurb.
~
Paperback <<
I think both of these covers suit Jodi's sort of books (from the sound of it) so l do like them both, simple but sweet.
The only thing is the colours in the PB, l dislike the greeny/yellow whereas in the HB l like the soft colours and how l can see the title better.
I also prefer the position of the tag-lines in the HB from the PB.  All in all, they are both sweet covers =)
~
Paperback </3 <<
Isn't this a very popular series? l haven't ever read it myself but l believe it's very well known.
I dislike both this covers if l am being honest. The HB is just WAY too plain and the PB has too much stuff crammed onto it, all the taglines and quotes around her, l think if it was just her it would be an ok cover (and title and author of course) If l really wanted to read this and had to pick a cover l guess it would be the PB.


Please note, some covers l feature are also in other formats. For example a HB cover is usually also in PB and a PB cover is also sometimes on a HB etc.
Also sometimes the PB may be a UK one and the HB may be USA. 
It's just  away to compare covers.


</3 - Ok
<3 - Like
<33 Love

10 comments:

  1. I agree with you again, but I really prefer the hardback of Sing you home.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the Jodi P covers quite misleading. I avoided her for years but she writes about some quite controversial subjects. I loved Nineteen Minutes (about bullying and a school shooting and the aftermath).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you. I do like the cryers cross one I just think it looks more like a horror story. I'm glad you did this so I can look out for The Missing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna have to disagree! I like the Cryer's Cross cover better, and I prefer the paperback of the Jodi Picoult one. But I'm with you on the last one - neither covers are great, but the paperback wins. Thanks, I always love this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Jodi Picoult cover on the left and the other 2 on the right. PWB I loved 19 minutes too, I have a few on hers on my tbr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the UK cover for The Missing, but the US cover fits the story very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Girl Who Played With Fire is really about her, but I prefer cover from my country (Czech Republic), because I think is much better. http://www.nakladatelstvi.hostbrno.cz/img/catalog/obrazek-3/428.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you : I love the UK cover of The Missing but I prefer the US title !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, I agree too, especially about the Cryer's Cross title with The Missing cover! That would have been rad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for letting me know your thoughts, l love reading them all.

    Willinda - That is a very colourful cover! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult