12.4.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#16)

Runaway (Airhead, #3)Runaway (Airhead, #3)
>> Hardback
Paperback <3 <<
I like both of these for totally different reasons but l don't love either of them.
I like how the HB basically links up with the title ('runaway') but surely she could have been running in a more interesting place?
I like the PB for the purple and flowers(?) and it's more of a fun cover. 
I am going to pick the PB although l feel it makes the book look too young for me. 

                Night Shade - Andrea Cremer
Nightshade
Nightshade>> Hardback
Paperback <3 <<
I know a lot of people hate the HB but l am unsure. l mean it no way beats the PB/Other HB version, everyone loves it for many reasons  and the new HB is so different. Still, l think if it was for any other book people wouldn't hate it so much. It's a good idea but for me just doesn't work as l dislike wolves on covers (yes even werewolves books). The PB is just too perfect.
.
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
>> Hardback
Paperback <3 <<
I have a huge love for this series as it's actually the series which made me discover my love for paranormal books. Anyway l have liked all of these covers and all the different versions. I find it hard to choose which one l like more but l have to say l am not a fan of green and also l feel the PB goes better with the Shiver PB. i am a sucker for a series looking right together!



8 comments:

  1. Unsurprisingly I like the paperback more this week! Lingers is my favorite I love how the text look likes its leaking or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the paperback's more! I especially prefer the paperback cover for Linger.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both Nightshade covers! Really I read it cause it a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the US, the PB cover you like is our HB and your HB is actually our re-design! I like the original cover the best: It's so sparkly and purple! And I love the flowers and makeup.

    I'm hoping we don't get a re-design of the Runaway cover when it comes out in pb! I'll be so sad. I like my covers matching and I have the first two in pb. Plus, the cover is more high-end fashion like the book! I like how she's running away, just like the title. For the pb, I don't like the way the series title is bigger than the book title. After all, one of the books is already called Airhead. It would confuse me! Runaway is too tiny!

    I like both Linger covers. I like the silhouettes on the original, but I like the extra grit around the title in the pb and the splash of red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't like the hardback of Nightshade. The original cover is just perfect though. I love the green cover for Linger, but I'm pretty sure it's the black cover I've got on my shelf. As for the Meg Cabot books, I have never really liked any of the covers which is probably why I've never read any of the books. I am such a cover lover that I find it hard sometimes to get past that and buy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the hardback of Runaway! The paperback is too plain for me. But I prefer the paperbacks of all the overs - especially Nightshade, I just can't bring myself to like the hardback.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rie - I love that too! Very eye catching

    Jules - It is a great cover =)

    Savy - Such a good book =)

    A Backwards Story - That is the same as the UK, the HB is a new cover but is in HB. The PB is also in HB. When doing this PB vs HB l sometimes do HB which is also in PB =)
    I also dislike how the series name is bigger, doesn't make sense!

    Karen - The original cover is very prefect, l don't get why they changed it when everyone love it.
    I know what you mean about covers =)

    Liz - Nightshade PB <3

    Thank you for your opinions all =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new NIGHTSHADE HC edition, but I prefer the old WOLFSBANE version.
    Then I own the PB LINGER, but prefer the HC cover, black and white covers are somehow boring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult