15.2.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#8) + Winner

Missed this last week! But it's back =)
Previous posts l did of this is here - #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
.
Wings - Aprilynne Pike
>> Hardback
Paperback <3 <<
I do like these both, l like how simple the hardback is but it's still pretty and l definitely love the font more on the HB than in PB.
Overall l like PB more just because l think it will stand out more, it is very pretty and sparkly. I LOVE the colours in it, especially the background and the font is still nice.
.

Charlaine Harris - Grave Suprise
>> Hardback 
Paperback <3 <<
Being honest, l don't LOVE either of them. I don't think either of them has anything which will stand out amongst a big row of books but l do prefer the PB. I have the PB on my shelf (unread) and l think this cover looks more ... modern? The HB makes it look like it may be written a while ago l probably wouldn't pick it up. 
.
.
Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles  
>> Hardback <3
Paperback <<
I have the PB one which usually means l prefer that one because it's always the one l see first which l love but this time it isn't, l don't love either of them They aren't amazing covers but my favourite is the HB. I don't really like the font in the PB, l feel it makes it look like the book is for younger people (like 13) whereas the HB makes it look more grown up. I like the tag line in the PB though.


As always, let me know what you think and which are your favourites!


The winner of the giveaway hop is ...
Mikki Mano
Congrats, an email has been sent and they have 48 hours to responded. 

9 comments:

  1. In this case I prefer the hardbacks. I think they have much more color in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paperback, paperback, hardback. I don't really love any of the covers, but the paperback of Wings is probably my favorite. It makes the book look cute, whereas I think the hardcover makes it look boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paperback edition of Wings is ridiculously pretty in real life - it's holographic which makes it sooooo indredibly shiny!

    I'd say paperback for Grave Surprise and hardcover for Perfect Chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have hardback copies of Wings and Perfect Chemistry and I love them just the way they are .. =) Though paperback editions look great too !! I love this meme by the way !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments everyone =)

    @Savy - l like the colours in both 'Wings' cover. Beautiful!

    @ Small Review - We like the same! I think that normally happens? lol Wings is my favourite too

    @ Lving - I totally agree! l seen it at my library and it is soo pretty =)

    @ Elodie - Thank you! So glad you enjoy this post =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wings - Paperback for sure

    Grave Surprise - They both stink, but if I had to pick I'd say Paperback

    Perfect Chemistry - Hardback. I don't like the cheesy font in the paperback version or do I like how the photograph is faded. The Harback's font implies movement and I like that aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pretty and sparkly paperback cover for Wings, it just looks so lovely and read-me-now awesome. But I much prefer the hardback for Perfect Chemistry, I so agree the small title font looks much better and the blur effect is a nice touch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the paperback version of Wings! As for the other two, I prefer the hardback covers though I don't really like either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the first two in paperback and the last in hardback :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult