21.12.10

Paperback or Hardback?

Hardback and Paperback covers are more often than not different, some totally different!
Do you find yourself often liking the Hardback or Paperback covers more?
Here are some which l found ..
Birth Marked - Caragh M. O'Brien 
 >> Hardback
Paperback   <<
Paperback definitely wins it for me. I used to hate covers with people on but now the type of covers coming out for paranormal books contain people l am finding myself liking these covers more. Still l don't tend to love a cover which has the main and only focus a person. The paperback makes you ask questions inside your head. Like who is this person? Where is she?



>> Hardback

Paperback  ♥ <<

 Again it's the paperback which win's it for me!
I love the patterns around the titles on both books but l love the paperback having one main focus whereas the hardback as lots of different things with no main focus. 
>> Hardback 
Paperback  ♥ <<

Such a simple difference but for me the paperback would attract me. I like the font more.
Great cover, simple and you know straight away love is going to be part of this book. 



Which one is your favourite? 
Birth Marked - Caragh M. O'Brien 
Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr
Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma

12 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like paperback wins out...why do they change the cover?

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it either! Then again it does mean some people who may not pick the hardback up will pick the paperback up (like me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I acturally like the hardback covers better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's why it is a good idea they make different covers, so people with different tastes will pick it up and read the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that I like the paperback covers for the books you chose, but I still prefer reading and owning the hardcover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paperback are very nice but I prefer hardback :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. l have to say l prefer hardback to read, l have a bad obsession of not getting the spine creased and l feel more 'relaxed' reading a hardback.
    l just tend to find paperback covers are better (in this case, with the books in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Birthmarked hardback cover, and I love Wicked lovely paperback cover and I love both Forbidden covers... That is SO complicated lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same "Don't crack the spine" obsession! Hardbacks are a lot less stressful to read :P

    I prefer the covers on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For the first and the third I like the paperback version, but the second, I like the hardback. I like the vivid colors :D

    I also dislike covers with real people on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a paperback fan because they take up a little less room on my bookshelf. For the covers though, I like 1 & 3 on the left and the paperback version of Wicked Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Pisinat - I understood! lol I love seeing everyone's opinions on covers.
    @Small review - Im glad lm not the only one, l do feel more relaxed reading a hardback.
    @ Lynossa - For me 'Wicked Lovely' was the hardest to choose between, l like them both.
    @A Canadian Girl - Paperbacks are definitely better as they take up less room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult