6.12.10

Lauren Kate - Torment

Review : Lauren Kate - Torment
Started : 2nd November 2010
Finished : 6th December 2010
Plot : 3.5/5
Cover : 3/5
Page Turner : 3/5
Characters : 4.5/5
Ending : 4.5/5
Over-all Rating : 4/5



The Blurb : 
Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel. It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students -Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.
At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous. What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else? The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series . . . where love never dies.
My Review
I was pretty busy and distracted while reading this so l probably didn't give it all the time this book deserved which is why l can't say this book 'gripped me'. I have to say one of the disappointments in this book was not seeing much of Daniel's side of things, l really enjoyed that in 'Fallen'. Because of the lack of Daniel, for me, Lauren really had to bring some new characters in this book and she did exactly that, l loved all of the new characters. I especially loved what Miles brought to the book.
The plot, like Fallen, wasn't the most action packed book which made it not the best page turner l have read lately. Even without the action Lauren has managed to write an intriguing book with a few twists in where the main characters Luce grows.
After putting this book down l can't wait for the 3rd book, 'Passion' to be released, it has been left on a cliff hanger with so many possibility for what Passion will contain. 
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
My Next read
Ashley Hope Perez - What Can't WaitRead my thoughts on this book before the release date!
More reviews you might like
Joss Stirling - Finding sky
L.A. Weatherly - Angel
Gillian Shields - Immortal (By Small Review)

8 comments:

  1. I'm reading Fallen right now. I've heard mix reviews but so we'll see how I like compared to everyone else. Plus, I just love Lauren Kate's covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the covers also, l do think this one doesn't have a lot to do with the actual book though.
    Hope you enjoy Fallen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when I'm distracted by other things so I can't really get into the book I'm reading. I love it, though, when I'm really distracted but the book is so good it forces me to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was annoying as l was really looking forward to this book. l think if it was just a normal book which wasn't so 'hyped' up about l would have enjoyed it a bit more. It just doesn't live up to the Hush Hush and The Wolves of Mercy Falls series for me.
    I agree, its great when a book is all you can think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the hop. I haven't read this one yet.

    I'm a new follower.

    ~Inspired Kathy
    I Am A Reader, Not a Writer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read this series yet. And after this series got a lot of bad press during the last hop when it was on numerous people's hyped books that they didn't like list, I was feeling a little ambivalent about it. But I like your review, a 4/5 is pretty good, so it's on my TBR anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by!
    I think it's 'everyone to their own', everyone should give it a go. Have seen some reviews where it's been some peoples favourite book in a while =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult