21.12.10

Jennifer Armintrout - American Vampire

My next read was mean't to be 'Stone Kissed' by sadly l haven't been able to get into it!
Review : American Vampire - Jennifer Armintrout 
Released : 22nd February 2011  (UK and USA - Paperback) 
Started : 19th December 2010
Finished : 21st December 2010
Plot : 5/5
Cover : 4/5
Page Turner : 4.5/5
Characters : 5/5
Ending : 4.5/5

Over-all Rating - 
Photobucket


The Blurb : 
Welcome to Penance, Ohio - hell on earth! Graf's a vampire, and he loves it. He's free to indulge his every dark, dangerous and debauched whim. Until a road trip takes him somewhere he never expected. Now he's trapped in Penance, a town that no-one has been able to leave for five years. And he's stuck protecting Jessa who's beautiful, tempting...and very, very human! The townsfolk know she's tied to their troubles and don't look kindly on strangers, meaning Graf and Jessa have only each other to rely on. Which is making it harder for Graf to control his desire to devour her...But if he can keep his bloodlust in check, their bond could be the key to uncovering the secrets that lurk within Penance and delivering the town from it's curse.
My Review :
Ahhh, l love the feeling you get when you finish a book you LOVED! A feeling of satisfaction and over-all happiness.
Right from the first page l fell in love with Graf, his such a typical male but you start to see the different personality's in a male which you see when you get to know him. When you first get to know a guy you often feel like they have no feelings with their macho act but then you start to see different sides to them. I felt like this with Graf, l honestly felt like l was getting to know a real person.
I have never read a book by Jennifer before but if all her books are written like this with such great characters l am a future reader of her books. 
Graf is a funny, sarcastic character who made me laugh out loud lots of times, l wonder if he is based on a real person which the author knows? 
This story is refreshing, even though Graf has the typical Vampire 'traits' like not being able to go out in the sun etc etc he still felt very unique. The story line itself is as unique as Graf, well at least l haven't read a book like this. Never in the book (until the author wanted you to know) did l know the answer to my many questions and Jennifer left just the right amount of time to reveal these questions. The right timing of revealing things for me, as the reader,  kept me interested all the way through the book.
This book has swearing and quite a 'strong' sex scene in so l would say this is for 15/16 and over. 
Overall l would be very happy if l spent money on this book, which l think is the ultimate test, when lm not rich!, Jennifer created a great character which lm sure any reader would fall in love with, l know l did (just don't tell my boyfriend ;]) I already miss Graf now this book has finished. 
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
My Next Read :
Awaken - Katie Kacvinsky

Other reviews you might like :
A Taste of Magic - Tracey Madison (By Clover Hill Book Reviews)

Halfway to the Grave  -Jeaniene Frost (By Snifflykitty)If you have a review you think l should post with my next review please email me (booksforcompany@gmail.com)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like I'm going to have to add this one to my "to buy" list. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the cover of this one around, but yours is the first review I've read for it. I have to admit, your review has me very interested in Graf now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you both get your hands on this book and enjoy it. Really enjoyable and for me, a refreshing book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waiting for my copy to come in the mail Jodie and yours is the first review have found for the new book by Jennifer, you have got to absolutely have to read her " Blood Ties " series The Turning/Possession/Ashes to Ashes and All Soul's Night because they are gritty and passionate and disturbing and wonderful (however they are kind of gory too so not sure how you feel about violence and stuff in your reading)... I am now looking forward more than ever to reading my copy of "American Vampire"!

    Thanks for the review, it is just enough information to make me wish the book was already in my hands today!
    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a look at my disk full of e books and that series is on there! YAY! =)
    I hope l enjoy them, as l haven't read any of her others l hope they are as good as this one and as unique.
    I hope you do enjoy it, like l said, l haven't read any of her other so maybe people who have will feel different. Hope not though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you looked and glad you have the series Jodie. I am a die hard fan of Jennifer's and have been waiting for her to put out something besides her Children of the Light/Darkness books after Blood Ties series.. She is my kind of Adult writer, very unique and very dark!


    jackie>_<

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult