4.1.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#3)

Another post of Paperback or Hardback?
Previous post l did of this is here - #1 #2
.
 >> Hardback 
Paperback <3 <<
The hardback makes me think of 'horror' genre because of the 'spooky' scene and how it looks like they are all enclosed and trapped whereas the paperback reminds me for some reason of 'Shiver' cover so l am much more likely to pick the paperback up. 
I have to say though, the cover doesn't really seem to go with the blurb. 


>> Hardback
Paperback <3 <<
The hardback cover really does not appeal to me, without being offensive he looks really aggressive and l wouldn't want to imagine him as a character l am reading. The paperback instead is very simple and l do love the plain covers!


 >> Hardback <3
Paperback <<
Hardback actually wins this time! I love this cover so much! The heart really sticks out and l love the wings on his back, how he is standing .. well everything really!
Whereas l dislike the tattoo in the paperback so its hard to like the paperback.
This book has so many different covers. 
.
.
The Legacy - Gemma Malley
Lucas - Kevin Brooks 
The Gargoyle - Andrea Davidson
These aren't necessarily books which l would/wouldn't read, l am just looking at their covers. 

15 comments:

  1. I love the paperback cover of The Legacy !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The love the paperback of The Legacy too- it appeals so much more to me and stands out better too! I've seen it in my local bookshop as a hardback book too. I've read the first and second book in the series but I have yet to read this one.
    I see you're reading Delirim at the moment. I've heard some great things about it so I'm looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I like hardbacks better. I think the coves always look better. There have been times where I see paperback cover and it looks way better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the HC on all three of these.

    The HC for the first one seems to suit the story much better and makes me feel a lot more intrigued about the premise. The paperback on that one looks like it would be a paranormal love story (I see what you're saying about Shiver). Within that genre, there are so many attractive covers and this paperback one doesn't stand out at all.

    I don't really like either cover for Lucas, but at least the HC has some eye-catching color and it doesn't have feet.

    I agree with you on the third one. The heart and tattoo of the HC look prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thans for your comment !! I'm really enjoying Linger !! I love this series !! =) Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments everyone, l love to see what everyone else thinks!
    @ Elodie - So glad your enjoying the series!!

    @ Stephanie - l didn't know it was a series, looks good! It's a great read so far, l would already recommend it! Review should be up tomorrow =)

    @ Savannah - HB are keepers! =)

    @ Small Review - I loved reading that comment! Its very true about 'The Legacy' cover being much more suitable (HB version) and totally agree how it wouldn't stand out from all the other paranormal books .. they get more and more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of 1 & 3 on the left and 2 on the right, and totally agree with your thoughts about the hardcover version of The Gargoyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you on all of them. I have to say though, I'm surprised how different the covers are for Legacy. Like you said, they give off VERY different feels! Maybe that's part of their marketing scheme?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny! I checked all 3 posts on your hardback/paperback and i agree with all your wins! And lovely meme! Covers deserve attention too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Natalie, that is very true .. they are TOTALLY different. I'm sure both covers would grab different sorts of peoples attention.

    @ Yiota, Thank you, glad you like it! Covers do deserve a lot of attention and l love comparing the HB and PB. We must have same taste =)

    Thanks for your comments everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really are getting more and more amazing. I look back at the covers YA books had when I was a younger (the 1990s) and cringe! They're so much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. l totally agree! I think its mainly to do with the amazing editing they can do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult