19.1.12

The Time Will Come #51

-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!


Beat the BandBeat The Band - Don Calame
I read the first in this series while on holiday, it's called Swim the Fly. I loved it! It was the perfect holiday read, so funny and Don proved to me that he is a great author and definitely deserves all the positive reviews he got for Swim the Fly!
I am kinda unsure with Beat The Band as I don't know if this would suit reading in the summer but it's due out soon and I want a review up for you guys!
I just hope Don kept this book as much about friendships as the first one and has kept it as funny, both those totally made this book for me. 


The Blurb
In this hilarious sequel to SWIM THE FLY, told from Coop’s point of view, it’s the beginning of the school year, and the tenth-grade health class must work in pairs on semester-long projects. Matt and Sean get partnered up (the jerks), but Coop is matched with the infamous "Hot Dog" Helen for a presentation on safe sex. Everybody’s laughing, except for Coop, who’s convinced that the only way to escape this social death sentence is to win "The Battle of the Bands" with their group, Arnold Murphy’s Bologna Dare. There’s just one problem: none of the guys actually plays an instrument. Will Coop regain his "cool" before it’s too late? Or will the forced one-on-one time with Helen teach him a lesson about social status he never saw coming? With ribald humor and a few sweet notes, screenwriter-turned-novelist Don Calame once again hits all the right chords.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, I hadn't heard of it before. Hope you get to read it soon :)

    My Time Will Come : http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/2012/01/time-will-come-2.html

    Carly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I just started reading Artemis Fowl which has been on my book shelf for a while.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult