1.1.12

My Top Ten Books of 2011

I have been putting this off more and more as I know it's going to be very hard to make the descisions but here it goes anyway
I had a hard enough time putting this list together so decided not to do them in any sort of order.


Random Order
StarcrossedStarcrossed - Josephine Angelini
I will admit I don't remember a lot about this book but I think my review says it all for how much I really enjoyed this book!
It's a huge book, nearly 500 pages, and this often puts me off reading books but Starcrossed didn't really daunt me at all. It quickly engrossed me and the pages zoomed by!
Quote from My Review
'The characters in this book all stand out on their own and it really feels like Josephine has spent time creating these characters and then portraying them to the readers, even the ones which aren’t a main part of the story still have a lot of depth.'

Oh I remember this book quite well for how long ago I read this! I remember reading it while sitting in the sun (very rare in England ;]) and from the first page knowing that I was going to love this book. Amy is one of those really talented authors which quickly make everything in the book feel very real. After reading this book I felt like I had visited Paris!
Quote from My Review
The whole plot in this book is so refreshing and has so much going on at once. The mix of romance and compelling story line is a perfect mixture which made it very hard to put Die For Me down and even when l did, l was picking it up at any free second l got (literally!).

Ahh! I am in no doubt this will be in a lot of peoples top ten books this year and it's definitely in mine! Going through the books I have read this year this one really stands out. Just amazing. I can not wait to read Lola!
Quote from My Review
'What I didn’t expect was to feel the way I did and as strongly as I did! I have said it before and I will say it again, there is a few special books which come along every now and then (quite rarely!) which are near impossible to put down, near impossible not to fall in love with and impossible not to get completely drawn into this! Anna and The French Kiss is one of these'
-
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor
This is another book which I was in no doubt would be in my top 10. In fact when I was half way through I knew already that it would be. Just one of those books which truly affects you in an amazing way that leaves you thinking for weeks after finishing the book. 
Quote from My Review
l was constantly holding out for the next line, the next chapter. Needing to find out what happens, needing to stay in the world alongside Gemma. I could never guess what was going to happen next and if l guessed a tiny bit of it, something bigger would surprise me

-
Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium - Lauren Oliver
Another book which I am sure will be in most peoples top ten books. I was just left totally speechless by this book. I wish there was more books that blow me away like this one did. Lauren Oliver is a genius! 
Quote From My Review
You find yourself taking a few minutes to get back into the real world after putting the book down, thinking of the book randomly and starting to feel the things the characters are..
This book did all of that.
The concept behind this book is scary and very sad.
-



Another book which I struggle to remember much about, I wonder whether that means I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought? But no, I am 100% positive that I adored this book and really enjoyed it. I find it frustrating that I can't remember much about it. I do remember how I loved Cynthia's descriptions!
Quote From My Review
More than anything else l love about this book, its unique. Cynthia has come up with her own ideas and made her own little world. Never have l read a book and been interested in the environment which the characters live in.

I remember starting to read this in the car while waiting for my OH and I usually really struggle to read while waiting for someone/something but this book made the 30 minutes zoom by and I remember ranting to my OH all about it!
Quote From My Review
When l started to read this l was straight away drawn in, it's one of those books that after the first chapter you know that this is going to be an amazing book. I didn’t realise how amazing! The whole tine l spent reading this book l kept telling the people around me (family) how great it is.

I was so so excited to read this book! I remember seeing the cover and being straight away intrigued. I do love books which challenge me as well as the sweet, predictable romance books. Jennifer didn't disappoint me, she really shocked me with how she held nothing back and truly showed the reader what abuse is like.
Quote From My Review
Bitter End is a must read YA book which is one of those very special books that makes you feel many different emotions from despair to empathy to delight. I didn’t just see through Alex’s eyes, l was there with her.

I read this book at the beginning in January 2011 so struggle to remember much about it. Either way I still remember how much I loved this book and that it needs to be in the top 10.
Quote From My Review
This book was totally unique and pure genius; the world which Andrea has created is breath taking and new interesting things come out throughout this book right until the end. The writing is fantastic and although l found myself confused at some points everything was explained to me (the reader) at the right time.


I read this in early March but surprisingly remember quite a lot about the storyline and it was amazing! As soon as I read it I was searching for more Deb Caletti books. An added factor that Deb is a lovely person!
Quote From My Review
When l started to read Stay it was clear it would overwrite my expectations by far and that it was going to be a great read. I loved how it was written and not just because it was in first person, which l usually like as l connect better with the characters, but because of how it was written. Deb just has a great way with words and getting emotions across.
 


Other Books :

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe I still haven't read Anna and the French Kiss. 2012 will be the year I finally do!
    Delirium was definitely one of the best books this year, it's phenomenal.
    Happy new year.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! It was so hard to pick top books this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna and the French Kiss, Stolen, Delirium and Stay are all amazing! Definitely ones I'd re-read.

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices- I loved Unearthly, The Body Finder and Stolen. I really need to pull my finger out and read Anna and the French Kiss some time soon- and Deadly Little Secret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! I'm looking forward to catching up with a lot of those this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree about Anna and Delirium! I still need to read a lot of the other ones on your list so I should really get to it, knowing that you recommend them so highly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! Delirium and Anna and the French Kiss belong to my Top 10 of 2011,too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult