12.1.13

*Review* The Vincent Boys - Abbi Glines

The Vincent BoysThe Vincent Boys - Abbi Glines
Series : #1 The Vincent Boys
Released : 14th November 2012
Publisher: Hot Key Books
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher (Thank you!)
Buy : Amazon Paperback (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Beau Vincent is rude, bad, and dangerous to know. So why can't good girl Ashton Gray keep away from him? She already has the perfect boyfriend - her town's local Prince Charming, Sawyer Vincent. But Sawyer is away for the summer, and in the meantime Ashton is bored, and the heat between her and Beau is undeniable - as well as irresistible. Ashton is about to unleash her bad girl - but what will she do when Sawyer comes home? And how will Sawyer react when he returns to find his girlfriend in the arms of his best friend - and cousin?

 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- The action starts pretty much from the first chapter.
- There are constantly new twists with lots of action and character building. 
- Harper really pushes some boundaries in this book. 
- I disliked how Jackson felt a lot younger than he was. 

In Long
I picked The Vincent Boys up not really knowing what to expect from it. I hadn't read any reviews on it or heard much so I was looking forward to reading it to see if I enjoyed it. Abbi really looked like the sort of author who I would like. Her blurbs and covers all look and sound awesome so I was excited to start The Vincent Boys.

The Vincent Boys nearly straight away went above my expectations. I was straight away drawn into the story and bonded with the main character, Ash. She has a very likeable character, one which is kind and caring as well as having a more outgoing and fun character. I loved how she appeared to be a good girl but inside was dying to show she isn't an angel.

What made this book different for me was it NEVER annoyed me! So often with books like this I just want to shake the main character and say ‘Wake up! Your being stupid!’. However with Ash I could totally see why she was having such a hard time making a choice and how she was tempted by Beau. Beau is this tough, sexy, bad boy and Sawyer is this good, caring and down to earth boy. I wouldn't be able to choose myself!

Both Sawyer and Beau are swoon worthy for different reasons. I loved how they were both so different because I could see why Ash was struggling so much with making decisions. Everyone thinks they want the perfect boyfriend but when it comes down to it, do they?

The storyline surprised me as it wasn't the usual YA book but had quite a few little twists throughout it which definitely made the storyline more gripping. Although I didn't think the storyline necessarily needed it as I was addicted from the beginning. 

Final Thoughts
The Vincent Boys is an addicting read which you will no doubt struggle to put down. I was straight away, from the first page, wrapped up in Ash’s world where she has some difficult choices to make.

4 comments:

  1. I read the sequel to this 'the vincent brothers' because it was a lot cheaper than this first book! I liked it, but couldn't decide whether or not to go back and read this one or not, but I think i might now! Thanks Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend reading The Vincent Boys! I don't think I'm gonna like The Vincent Brothers as much but may be nicely surprised =)

      Delete
  2. I so badly want to read this one- I keep hoping my library will get it in (and filling in multiple suggestion forms lol!)
    Great review Jodie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the kindle books really cheap on amazon!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult