9.1.13

*Review by Ryan* - Losing my Virginity by Richard Branson

This review is written by my brother, Ryan. Thanks for a wonderful review Ryan! 
I'm really glad that I am able to feature different sorts of books on my blog and aim to do more of this in 2013. 

Losing My VirginityLosing My Virginity - Richard Branson
Series : No
Released : May 2009
Publisher: Virgin Books
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher (Thank you!)
Buy : Amazon Paperback (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
"Oh, screw it, let's do it."
That's the philosophy that has allowed Richard Branson, in slightly more than twenty-five years, to spawn so many successful ventures. From the airline business (Virgin Atlantic Airways), to music (Virgin Records and V2), to cola (Virgin Cola), to retail (Virgin Megastores), and nearly a hundred others, ranging from financial services to bridal wear, Branson has a track record second to none.
Losing My Virginity is the unusual, frequently outrageous autobiography of one of the great business geniuses of our time. When Richard Branson started his first business, he and his friends decided that "since we're complete virgins at business, let's call it just that: Virgin." Since then, Branson has written his own "rules" for success, creating a group of companies with a global presence, but no central headquarters, no management hierarchy, and minimal bureaucracy.



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- I enjoyed reading about the many aspects of Richard Branson’s life

- I would happily read more about his life

- He explains his personal life as well as speaking about the Virgin Empire
- There are many funny moments in the book
- I would highly recommend this read for anyone interesting in the life of Richard Branson or Virgin.


In Long
I have long had an interest in Richard Branson’s rise in the business world. His attitude towards business impressed and inspired me in many ways. When he released his autobiography “Losing my Virginity” I knew it would be a play on words and would involve a lot of information about the Virgin Empire. The book starts with a story about his plan to travel around world in a hot air balloon and then moves onto his life at school/boarding school. He explains in great detail that his success was only possible due this his determination and the support of his family, a family who were in no way rich and who had to support Richard through many different troubles as a young business man. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about his life and how intelligent, brave and bold he has been to create his vast business empire.

Not only does he discuss his business life but he goes on to explain some of the extraordinary things he has done. He speaks in great detail about his past and the many relationships he has had with friends, family and girlfriends. Many of these relationships were seemingly strained by other aspects of his life. The reasons for the respect he receives on a daily basis are explained in the book and it shows, to this day, what a hard working man he is.


Final Thoughts
There are many funny moments in the book which were a pleasant surprise and I look forward to reading or watching more about Richard Branson in the future

By Ryan Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult