19.1.13

*Review* Blue Angel by Logan Belle

Blue Angel (The Blue Angel series, #1)Blue Angel - Logan Belle 
Released : 15th November 2012
Publisher: Canvas Books
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher (Thank you!)
Buy : Amazon Paperback (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Blue Angel is the first in an erotic romance trilogy inspired by the burlesque clubs of New York and Los Angeles. The novels are about an ordinary woman who discovers herself - and her sexuality - through the world of burlesque. Mallory Dale doesn't like surprises. At least, that was the case. When her boyfriend takes her to a burlesque club for her twenty-fifth birthday, all she wants to do is go home and get under her bedcovers. So when she is pulled up on stage by one of the dancers and stripped down to her bra, in front of a roaring crowd - surprisingly, she loves every second of it.
Over time, Mallory begins to devote herself to the world of burlesque. It awakens new-found sensual pleasures and reveals her true sexual nature. But she risks losing Alec in the process - or can she really have it all?

 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Blue Angel is different from any other erotic book I have read. 
- I struggled to bond with Mallory but I liked Alec, her boyfriend. 
- Belle got the right balance between not enough detail and too much detail. 

In Long
Blue Angel sounded very different from any other book I have read and I was excited to explore the world of burlesque. It was an unknown part of the world for me and that’s what I love about books, that they are able to help you experience something you otherwise never would.

Mallory is the main character, along with her boyfriend Alec. I struggled to get a bond with Mallory and this held me back from enjoying the book as much as I would have if I bonded with Mallory. I felt this was a mixture between her character not actually being that interesting and also that she just isn’t my sort of person. I found Alec a more interesting character and I enjoyed seeing how he would react to different things in the book.

When it came to the actual burlesque shows, I loved how Belle got the right balance between enough detail and too much detail. I was able to feel like I was there but didn’t get bored from the amount of detail and for me this is an important part of feeling the experience.

As far as the erotic side of things go, it does get steamy at certain parts but I wouldn't stay its strong erotic. There is some female on female action and this was the first book I had experienced this in. It wasn't a part of the book I neither disliked nor loved. However I felt it stayed within certain boundaries which would have possibly made me put it down.

Final Thoughts
Blue Angel is different from any other erotic book I have read and I liked that Logan exposed me to the burlesque world as I haven't ever heard of it before. 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult