29.3.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#14)


Other PB vs HB Posts- #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13
>> Hardback 
Paperback <3 <<
This is obviously the sort of book which a lot of you wouldn't read but l have this on my romance bookshelf so thought l would compare the covers. l have the HB cover (but in PB) but l do actually prefer the PB, although l think it makes it look like it's for older readers. I just find the picture of the little girl so sweet and l love the font. 


Paperback 2 <3 <<
This is comparing two released instead of HB vs PB. PB 1 is the oldest release and l think this shows how covers have changed. l much prefer PB 2 (New release) although l don't love either of them. If l seen PB 2 in my library in the summer l would definitely pick it up! The summer just really puts me in the mood for these sort of reads. 
.
Paperback <<
I really can not get on with covers like this PB one. These covers never attract me to a book and actually put me off it.l love action movies but not books which revolve around constant action and killing/hunting and l feel these sort of covers remind me of a dvd cover.
I really like the HB cover because it's purple (my favourite cover) and also makes you ask questions.  



4 comments:

  1. The Accidental Mother I can't decide which I like best. I think they are both pretty and cute. I would have a hard time choosing, but if I was in a shop and had them both in my hand, I would probably choose the cheapest option, so I am assuming that would be the paperback one. I listened to The Baby Group by Rowan on my ipod last year and it was so funny. I haven't read any others by her yet but I'm sure I will.

    Faking 19. Mmm, to be honest I hate both of them. I really do. Neither would make me pick up that book unless I'd read some amazing reviews about it.

    I love, love, LOVE the hardcover of The Killing Dance. It is mysterious and as another purple lover, just the sort of cover that would make me pick up the book whether I liked the synopsis or not. I am so shallow LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comparisons are a really cool idea! I always hate when one cover is better than the other...and I don't have the better cover, lol. Likewise, I hate when the cover changes after all the other books look one way.

    I prefer the PB for The Accidental Mother as well. Like you, I'm noto fond of either Faking 19 cover, but you're right--it's very easy to see how the trends shifted!

    I prefer the hardcover of The Killing Dance as well. Um, PURPLE!!!!! Plus, look at that awesome tattoo. The PB is more niche; I'd be less likely to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat idea! I have the accidental mother on my shelf, and one of the reasons I first picked it up was because of the little girl on the cover. So I'm going to have to go with the paperback. I like to read the synopsis, and see the cover and see if they appear to coordinate in some way. I haven't read or seen Faking 19, but I think I like the pb 2 copy better. Like I said, for me I need to know a little bit about the book and see if they coordinate, but pb2 looks summery and makes me want summer :) For the Killing Dance, another book I don't know about, I would say i like the Hardback version better. It just stands out. The paperback version is kind of creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen - I liked the first book l read of Rowan's but l still haven't read another!
    Haha! l think a lot of people (including me) are like that!

    A Backwards Story - LOL! Me too, it sucks

    Lacey - Thank you =) Glad you like it. The little girl is cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult