11.3.11

*Review* : Lottie Biggs is (not) mad - Hayley Long

A book review of Lottie Biggs is (not) mad - Hayley Long
Released : 3rd July 2009
Finished : 10th March 2011
Source :  Macmillan Children's Books (Thank you)
Plot : 3.5/5
Cover : 4/5
Page Turner : 3.5/5
Characters : 4/5
Ending : 4/5
Overall Rating :
Photobucket

.
My name is Lottie Biggs and in three weeks time, I will be fifteen years old. At school, most people call me Lottie Not-Very-Biggs. I’ve never found this particularly funny . . . My current hair colour is Melody Deep Plum which is not as nice as Melody Forest Flame but definitely better than the dodgy custard colour I tried last week . . . 
And this is my book – it’s about important things like boys and shoes and polo-neck knickers and rescuing giraffes and NOT fancying Gareth Stingecombe (even though he has manly thighs) and hanging-out with your best friend having A BLATANTLY FUNNY TIME. It is definitely not about sitting in wardrobes or having a mental disturbance of any kind! 
.
I didn't know at all what to expect with this book, from the cover l could see that it was aimed at younger people than me but l am always interested in reads which are aimed at younger people as l can often find myself still enjoying them. This is definitely one of those reads, although l would say if l read this when l was around 13/14/15 this would most definitely be 5/5 and one of my favourite reads!
But even though l am 18, this did not matter with this book. This book is not one you would pick up for an action packed read which keeps you gripped but instead is one of those great books which is a light read and perfect when you want an relaxing evening. I found myself actually laughing out loud at a few points in this book which l rarely do! Even for funny books l tend to be laughing side a little bit so it's quite an achievement to actually laugh. 
The writing is great and done in a way which can make it enjoyable for young and slightly older reads. The storyline includes many different emotions and feelings, some of which will have you laughing and others really feeling for Lottie! I loved how it also tackled some issues which young people may be experiencing but put it across in an interesting but also serious way.
Overall l would really recommend this to younger readers, l think this is the sort of book which can make young people into long life readers!
~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~
This is an interesting post by The Reader Room - Books & Hype

Other reviews you might like :
Choker - Elizabeth Woods (Recovering Potter Addict)
Rosebush - Michele Jaffe (The Overflowing Library)

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really likeable book one all can enjoy. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun easy read for the summer, I might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review !! That sounds good ... I've heard great things about it. I should buy this one =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab review. I've never even heard of this one before but it sounds gooood. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult