31.10.11

*Review* : Everlasting by Alyson Noel

Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)Everlasting - Alyson Noel
Released : 1st July 2011
Publisher: Macmillan
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)|Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket


 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Everlasting is the sixth and final installment of the epic love story that has enchanted readers across the world. Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends and their own worst fears-all in the hope of being together forever. Now in Everlasting, their destiny is finally within reach.
Will they be united-or torn apart forever? Readers will finally discover the truth in this anxiously awaited conclusion!

 .................................... My Review  ....................................
In Short
- Everlasting rounds off the series and answers all unanswered questions perfectly
- Ever is a new Ever in this book who uses her brain when making choices
- The romance is as cute as always (Very cute!)
- This is my favourite in the series
- I am sad that this series is over =(

In Long
I have to admit The Immortals is a series which I have had a strong love and hate relationship with. If you look back at my reviews of this series it has made me feel happy, angry, gripped, bored, entertained and many more things! I was hoping that Everlasting would round the series off nicely while also not making me feel anything negative. It really did that, for many reasons.

First off, Alyson’s writing has improved so much since Evermore. Every sentence seems to really have a meaning whereas I often felt that sentences were just there and didn’t add much to the story. I also really felt like she has listened to the fans in a way which really made a difference while also keeping her unique writing style. I know a lot of people say the books were frustrating because Ever did silly things which someone smart like her wouldn’t. Ever’s actions in Everlasting were nothing like they used to be and even when she did make a silly choice her decision was almost explained to the reader. I liked that Alyson made it a lot easier to see things from Ever's point of view therefore understand her decisions. 
Ever is a character that I quickly warmed to all over again but even more so in this book, it’s like the Ever who made silly mistakes never happened! She became someone who was very likeable while also down to earth. Alyson also revealed a lot of things which made me understand Ever a lot more. The romance in this book was one which you are quickly made to believe all over again and I felt everything felt so much more real.
I liked the twists throughout this book and really felt like everything in the past books was rounded up really nicely in Everlasting. I wasn’t left with any questions but only with a sad feeling that it was the end of the series!


Final Thoughts
At times I was close to giving up on this series but I am glad I didn’t, I am sad that this series is finished and that I won’t get to spend any more time with Ever or Damen. Both Alyson and Ever redeemed themselves in this book in so many ways. It definitely made me want to read more books by Alyson in the future and had put my faith back in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult