3.10.11

*Review* : Anna and The French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French KissAnna and The French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
Series : No
Released : 2nd December 2010
Publisher: Dutton
Format : Hardback
Source : Swap
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)|Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket


 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?

 .................................... My Thoughts  ....................................
This review was written a while a go, hence why it's not set out in the new way I am setting reviews out.

This book has soooo many amazing quotes that I wanted to prove this to anyone who hasn't read it by quoting one below.
"Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?"

As I’m sure everyone has, I had heard amazing things about Anna and The French Kiss so therefore expected this to be a good read which I would thoroughly enjoy. What I didn’t expect was to feel the way I did and as strongly as I did! I have said it before and I will say it again, there is a few special books which come along every now and then (quite rarely!) which are near impossible to put down, near impossible not to fall in love with and impossible not to get completely drawn into this! Anna and The French Kiss is one of these.
I have to admit, the storyline isn’t the most gripping ever, neither is it the most unique story line but it’s not really the story line which made me addicted to this book. It’s the way which Stephanie has written it and given the characters so much depth that they became real people to you and things going on in their life become so real you feel like it’s your best friend telling you the story. As well as the depth to the characters her writing is something which can not be missed or without giving credit too. Her writing flowed so well which made it even harder to put this book down.
Stephanie was able to make me become engrossed in the two main characters lifes to the point where the day to day things they did became interesting to me. While Anna became my best friend, St Clair became my 'secret' crush who I fell in love with more and more!
I loved the different romances in this book, especially the main two which were so alike at some points and so different at others. The main romance was so so cute, i fell more and more in love with it with each page and it got cuter and cuter. Everything in this book is so likeable.
Nothing about this book felt like a typical book or a typical romance, it was all so unique, sweet and real.
Over all Anna and The French Kiss is definitely as good as everyone is making out and don't let all the hype turn you off! This is a book which you can't help but fall in love with.


Ratings :
Plot : 4.5/5
Cover : 4/5
Page Turner : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Ending : 5/5

5 comments:

  1. Great review! I also love the quote you posted--I loved it the first time I read Anna and I loved it the second time I read it. It's such a good book, and definitely worth the hype. I love what you said about how much depth the characters have, because each character really does. Love it, and love your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo glad you loved this, too. It's such an amazing book, probably the most realistic one that's out there, and I can't get enough of Stephanie's writing. You should definitely read Lola as soon as possible, because it's just as awesome as Anna!


    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this book so much!

    I'm impatiently waiting for my copy of LOLA to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't put this one down either! It was kind of surprising since I don't usually think of contemporary books as being exciting and unputdownable, but this one was!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult