3.10.11

Cover Crazy #37

Hosted by The Book Worms
This is a few of the books from the Soul Screamers
series put together. I definitely feel like I prefer the individual covers for each book but this one is pretty and deserves a mention.
-
I love this cover because :
- It sticks to the 'theme' of the other covers.
- Love how this cover uses white and black so brilliantly together!
- I think this uses dresses in a different way from the other covers.   
-
Dislike :
- I am so unsure on what to think of where the title is. In a way it looks quite nice there but in other ways I would have preferred it small and further down. 
- It doesn't really give you information about what the book could be about.


Crave - Melissa Darnell
This is actually one of my favourite covers I have seen lately, it's so so so beautiful! I absolutely love this in every way! PRETTY!!!
-
I love this cover because :
- The colours!!!! Love the bright white against the reds.
- The 'tagline' at the top, tells you about the book.
- The position of the text.
- Love how she is 'laying', makes you think of some sort of heartbreak. 
-
I dislike :
- How she is posing, I would have liked this a bit more natural.
- The photo-shopped branches around her, it's adds the fake feel to the cover which spoils this cover.

7 comments:

  1. Hm, I don't know what the Soul Screamers book covers actually look like. However, this one is interesting. But I do agree about the cons though.

    Crave's book cover is badly photoshopped, in my opinion, and I personally don't like it much. One particular thing I don't like is the almost one tone colour of the red. It looks like the designer put a colour layer over the photo and just lowered the opacity on it. It doesn't give the picture any depth. However, overall, it's an interesting cover.

    My CC for this week: http://onlysomewhatqueer.blogspot.com/2011/10/cover-crazy-oct-3-blue-purple-pink-tint.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is the first time I see the cover of Soul Screamers Vol. 1, but I really like it. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm still not completely sure what to think of Crave's cover. I really liked it when I looked at it for the first time, but the more often I look at it, the more weird it seems. :/

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, both of those covers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Demijel about the Craver cover. It really needs more depth. The girl is sitting all wrong and unnatural and the background is boring.

    I do like the Soul Screamers one with the beautiful white dress, but I agree that the title is in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the mix of black and white, too. I like the way the title is treated, with that unique lettering and the way the outsides curl. I can see WHY they put it in the middle...it draws your attention first and the indiv. titles are listed at the bottom. It does make sense... But it also shouldn't be the biggest focus, in another way?

    The cover for CRAVE reminds me a bit of ASH by Malinda Lo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, both of those covers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I think the Soul Screamers cover is really beautiful. Simple, flowy. I love it! And the black-and-white theme really plays into the overall theme of the books, like you said. Crave is definitely just as awesome.

    ~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult