22.12.11

The Time Will Come #48

-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!

Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling, #1)Sloppy Firsts - Megan McCafferty
This book was/is quite expensive to buy to buy in the UK so I tried to resist getting it until it went down a bit. Anyway I remember seeing second hand on Amazon and jumped at the chance of buying it. When I got it it was in quite bad condition and I was gutted but still excited to read it!
Since then it has just sat on my shelf, along with Bumped which is also buy Megan! 
I really need to read both of her books. I have heard mixed things about Bumped but Sloppy First's is really popular! (Or so I believe) Hopefully in 2012 ;)
-
The Blurb
“My parents suck ass. Banning me from the phone and restricting my computer privileges are the most tyrannical parental gestures I can think of. Don’t they realize that Hope’s the only one who keeps me sane? . . . I don’t see how things could get any worse.”
When her best friend, Hope Weaver, moves away from Pineville, New Jersey, hyperobservant sixteen-year-old Jessica Darling is devastated. A fish out of water at school and a stranger at home, Jessica feels more lost than ever now that the only person with whom she could really communicate has gone. How is she supposed to deal with the boy- and shopping-crazy girls at school, her dad’s obsession with her track meets, her mother salivating over big sister Bethany’s lavish wedding, and her nonexistent love life?

Read the rest of the blurb here

5 comments:

  1. I've heard this series is really good and the guy in it must be pretty goo too because he was nominated as one of my YA Bachelors this year. Hope you get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my shelf as well, unread. Hope we like it.
    SarahS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this one too! And haven't read it.... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good! I hope you get to it soon! Wishing you an awesome Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really good! Hope you get to it soon, though it sucks that it didn't come in the best condition! Merry Christmas, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult