19.12.11

Cover Crazy #48

Hosted by The Book Worms 
ShiftingShifting - Bethany Wiggins
I think the snake really makes this cover and although there are a few covers like this, it's still unique.
I love this cover because :
- I like how it's black and white and the snake is a colourful 
- The font, really like this sort of font and suits the cover.
- I love the girls hair! So pretty =)
- The snake and how it 'grows' out from her hair is really intriguing and also grabs your attention
- It's simple but does enough to grab your attention 
Dislike :
- Not too sure about the colour of the authors name?
- A tagline would suit this cover well and inform the readers more as to what it's about
- I feel like something is missing?


Lies Beneath - Anne Greenwood Brown
This isn't the prettiest or best mermaid cover ever but I do like it and it adds a little twist on normal mermaid covers. I think the colours are so pretty!
I love this cover because :
- I love the colours in this cover!
- The cover shows clearly what the book is about (mermaids)
- Love the effect of the sun shining through the water and the red on the surface.
- Love the pretty seabed!
Dislike :
- The font is really too simple for this cover and really spoils the picture 
- It's not really that unique, I guess?
- This title does really annoy me, I know I have already said it but it really ruins the picture :/

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the cover for Shiftign is simply awe-inspiring! Love it =D

    Here's my Cover Crazy

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the SHIFTING cover, too! I think she looks a little like Anna Paquin. I keep meaning to pick this up! I can't wait to read LIES BENEATH! It does have very pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't like the cover on Shifting. It's not the snake -I like snakes, but I really don't Ike her hair (sorry, I know you do) or the colour of the authors name and there is definitely something missing.

    I quite like the Mermaid one though. That cover would definitely make me pick it up and read the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover of Shifting! It is really pretty!! Great picks! Thank you for sharing!!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of these, though I do prefer the mermaid cover over the snake cover. Just something freaky about the snake-hair-thingy going on o.O

    Here's my latest Cover Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the cover for Shifting is really gorgeous -- I'm really intrigued to find out what this book is about now! Thanks for sharing :)

    - Genny @ Books Are My Heroine
    www.booksaremyheroine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult