27.12.11

Paperback or Hardback? (#33)

Paperback >>
I like both of these. I like the different colours used in the title on the PB and how it's a colourful cover but I prefer the HB. I like the HB as it looks much more grown up and I straight away feel it will be a book I will enjoy. Love the heart around the couple and the read in the title =)

Someone Else's LifeSomeone Else's Life << Hardback 
Paperback <33 >>-
I think you will all agree that this one isn't that hard, it's most definitely the PB!
When I first saw this cover it straight away grabbed my attention. The HB is a bit too plain and weird (where's her neck?). The PB cover is awesome! I love the tagline, the font of the title and position. It seems to really suit the storyline too. 

Legend (Legend, #1)Legend (Legend, #1) Legend - Marie Lu
<< Hardback
Paperback <3 >>
I haven't ever seen the PB cover before? Don't know if it's just me!
I haven't ever been intrigued by this book because of the HB cover. It's very plain and boring and doesn't really tell you anything about the book itself. I much prefer the PB and I am now more interested in reading this book (Bad, I know!) 
Please note, some covers l feature are also in other formats. For example a HB cover is usually also in PB and a PB cover is also sometimes on a HB etc.
Also sometimes the PB may be a UK one and the HB may be USA.
It's just a way to compare covers.
</3 - Meh
<3 - Like
<33 Love


Sorry for the wrong titles of the books! 
I copy the template from the previous week and sometimes forget to change the title!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...picking the same as you today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Hardback for Hate List - it looks so unique and definitely more mature, I agree with you.

    Paperback for Someone Else's Life. The Hardback doesn't really stand out at all, it looks like every other book on the shelf while the paperback looks a little quirky :)

    I don't really like either of the Legend covers, but I'd go with the Paperback one if I had to. I just think the Hardback looks a little cheapy and low-budgety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than Legend, I'm loving the paperbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a super old post but I HATE the HB of Legend. Everytime I see someone talk about it, my brain just shuts off because of how plain and boring the cover is. I know it's horrible to judge a book by it's cover but good lord, they should atleast try to make it somewhat appealing! Boring grey with yellow font is never an appealing go to. The PB would definitely catch my eye, and I already know that I'm going to buy and enjoy this book, but if I never read descriptions and went solely on covers I would never pick up HB Legend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult